DVDVR Message Board

2015 RING OF HONOR DISCUSSION THREAD

ROH was another fun show. Dalton remains THE greatest opening match guy ever for a show broadcast at insane times since he keeps you alert. Silas is a perfect foil, and the world's youngest 55 year old man played his part well here. The Boys stip is wacky, but should make for a fun match. Moose continued to look strong, we got a bit more with Lethal, and the Bucks turned face in ROH (like they weren't be default anyway) thanks to the KRD attack. Great way to spend an hour.

Screens -
ee847c430213309.jpg

6e262f430213348.jpg

7c76c5430213358.jpg

4aa018430213530.jpg

a55270430231689.jpg

http://www.imagebam.com/gallery/kj1n8ko7wr7pik3624pycnhexvknyzci

• Like 1

I'm picturing a modern "Sunshine and Jimmy Garvin working on David Von Erich's ranch" deal for the vignettes of the Boys with Silas. That whole bit ruled.

Bucks vs Vice fucking stunk, but the show ended on a happy note as The Addiction beat the fuck outta those two dummies.

• Like 1

Field of Honor was fun enough, definitely a lower turnout than I would have hoped if I was promoting the show. Strong/Okada delivered one hell of a match, nothing was actively bad. It was surreal and entertaining to see a pro wrestling event live in a stadium like that but I don't think I'd personally ever want to see one again.

Field of Honor was a fun show to attend. Agree with Clayton that Okada/Strong was a heck of a match and I was surprised at how good Elgin vs. Goto ended up being. My girlfriend who knows nothing about ROH immediately got behind Moose and was baffled by Dalton Castle and his entrance but now wants to try to go to more shows, which is great.

• Like 2

They didn't announce last call. That's a win in my book.

They probably had 2500... obviously NXT hurt the crowd, but still that's a healthy number for a beautiful Saturday night. And the show was really good. Didn't have the emotional high points of NXT, just damn good wrestling from start to finish. I can't remember the last wrestling show I went to that was so consistently good across the board. NJPW guys all worked their asses off... Okada/Strong was my MOTN but every match on the card delivered.

To me, the biggest problem was that the refs were parked in the first-base corner blocking the view of everyone on that side, whereas if they'd been in the other side (facing left field) they wouldn't have been in anyone's way. Really obnoxious.

Brooklyn really is the wrestling capital of the world this weekend. That's pretty fucking cool in my book.

• Like 3

Yeah, the refs we're standing towards the hard camera. Moose did tye same thing everyone he went to hit his finish, so his back was to the crowd. I would say there were at least 2000 people there. Some other people on lesser message boards we're saying 400. That's just not true. Time Splitters-Briscoe was great. Every match was really good.

I was trying to eye up the attendance and I feel like it's way lower than you guys are ballparking. How many rows deep does MCU go? It seemed about 20, and the real volume was maybe 20 seats wide. So 400 guaranteed, then another maybe 150 for all the surrounding stragglers, and then to be generous another 100 for the VIP seating? If they broke 800 I'd be surprised. To be fair though, the people working concessions commented to us that the Cyclones never draw that kind of attendance.

All that said I agree with everyone otherwise. Well worth the money, well booked show where everyone came to work, outside of Dalton not winning the gauntlet there's not much I can complain about. Well that an my turkey avocado wrap didn't have any damn avocado in it.

• Like 1

I was trying to eye up the attendance and I feel like it's way lower than you guys are ballparking. How many rows deep does MCU go? It seemed about 20, and the real volume was maybe 20 seats wide. So 400 guaranteed, then another maybe 150 for all the surrounding stragglers, and then to be generous another 100 for the VIP seating? If they broke 800 I'd be surprised. To be fair though, the people working concessions commented to us that the Cyclones never draw that kind of attendance.

All that said I agree with everyone otherwise. Well worth the money, well booked show where everyone came to work, outside of Dalton not winning the gauntlet there's not much I can complain about. Well that an my turkey avocado wrap didn't have any damn avocado in it.

Pfft, at least you didn't have undercooked French fries.......also $12 for angry orchard and Gatorade? Bah

Things from the show.

If Daniels is going to dress like Col. Klink he needs a monicle.

I realized for the first time Dalton ' s theme is a knock off of Queen's I want it all. Now I really want a Nakamura / Castle tag match. The boys were great as seconds.

• Like 1

It's awesome that ROH is giving us wrestling's first "self-hating closet butch gay vs out flamboyant gay" feud. 

I hope we get vignettes of Silas trying to teach The Boys stereotypically butch manly things like woodworking, car repair, drinking Coors Light, voting Republican, etc., only to be stymied at each turn, until he gives up and embraces his true nature.  I want Dalton Castle and leather daddy Silas Young making a run at the tag titles.

• Like 2

Things from the show.

I realized for the first time Dalton ' s theme is a knock off of Queen's I want it all. Now I really want a Nakamura / Castle tag match. The boys were great as seconds.

That's one of the things that got me behind him in the first place, besides the great gimmick.

Things from the show.

That's one of the things that got me behind him in the first place, besides the great gimmick.

Phrasing.

• Like 4