DVDVR Message Board

2015 RING OF HONOR DISCUSSION THREAD

Waiting on ROH to debut a guy named Jay Jay or Dragon Soldier J. Lots of J's.

Maybe to settle the issues between the promotions, Double J can job to Jay Lethal (w/ J. Diesel) and Jay Briscoe. I'm sure Ben could write an excellent angle to debut J. J. Dillon as Double J's manager, too!

ROJ, y'all.

Big Man spelled 'Jamming' wrong.

J-Cup Tournament instead of Survival Of The Fittest.  Winner gets a 'J'.

So if Mark Briscoe wins, he'd become J Briscoe.

Or if the winner already has a 'J' then they get another.  So Jay Briscoe would become 'Double J Briscoe'.

Or if both finalists already have 'J's then the winner gets the loser's 'J'.  So if Jay Briscoe beats Jay Lethal, then Jay Lethal has to be 'Ay Lethal' until he can win back his 'J' next year.

• Like 3

ROH get a nice little run this morning as Jay Lethal was on the local DC ABC affiliate to promote the PPV

For once someone embraced DC and Baltimore being close

CKr23feUsAAGj7L.jpg

It's cool that was on in DC, but not sure why not Baltimore since that's where the iPPV is tonight.

Speaking of the iPPV tonight, going with my wife and a friend of ours.  Can only imagine what he's going to think of Dalton Castle.  I'm looking forward to Castle the most, but the other matches sound like it could be good.

Booker T to provide commentary for the tourney since he can vouch for what losing or gaining a letter can do for your career.  

For starters, it keeps you from wearing long tights!!

(That was my favorite part of the angle.  Booker T lost and had to change his ring gear to generic black trunks.  Lol.  I guess it was too simple to just not wear tights that said "Harlem Heat" on them.)

I expect mixed reviews of Lethal/Strong.

I enjoyed it for the most part, felt listless and dragged with the extended countout teases. It really picked up in the last fifteen minutes and I enjoyed the timing of the bell ringing, as it was the cliched "1..2..ding ding" screwjob on the babyface. Roderick was in the process of killing Lethal with knees and the bell went off as Lethal went down.

I missed the a few matches on the show, I'll have to go back and check out Castle vs. Cole and Moose vs. Cedric.

Page vs. ACH was brutal, that finish must have turned Page's knees into dust.

Roderick vs. Lethal part 2 with no time limit at All Star Extravaganza PPV I assume? (Hope they don't go another 60+ though)

Was there live with my wife.  I'm the chubby guy with glasses and red font ROH shirt if you see me.  I was to the right of the wrestlers, right by the entrance ramp.

-Djijack/Watanabe wasn't much, but it's impressive seeing him fly for a big guy.

-Didn't see much of Young/Ferrara, but the post-match was fun.

-Moose/Cedric was pretty good.  Cedric is a better heel than I expected and Moose is very good given his experience.  And hooooooly fuck Veda Scott.  I was certainly into her before, but tonight took that to a completely different level.  Holy shit.  Not sure if I liked Moose losing again, but I imagine it'll lead to a win eventually.

-Briscoes/Roppongi Vice was lots of fun.  Mark and Trent had a hilarious bit with the bandana, and it was a good mix of funny shit and great action.  Very much enjoyed.  On any other night I'd say the Briscoes had the biggest reaction except not tonight.  That belonged to...

-Dalton motherfucking Castle against Adam Cole.  To say the least Dalton was far and away the star.  Everybody absolutely loved him, and I can guarantee the sound on the show pales compared to live.  Cole was a hit too, especially with the females.  Fun match had some action to round it out, absolutely worth seeing.

-Page/ACH was brutal.  Missed half of it, but the second half was pretty brutal to watch.  Finish made sense, and it only leads to more Corino/Whitmer feuding.  The injury could be a good thing as they could build some more for Whitmer/Corino.  As soon as he's healthy though they should pull the trigger on it.

-It was very cool seeing the 4-team tag.  Unfortunately the previous match took a lot from the crowd so it took some time to get them back into this.  It was a good match, if a little on the fast side.

-Lethal/Strong was good for what I saw.  I really wanted to see the whole match, but we had to go and left about 10-15 minutes before it ended.  The crowd was super into this to start, but man did that die off after some time.  When Sinclair was counting them outside after saying the number the section by me would say "Twinkies!"  It was fun at first and I took part for a little bit.  But after somebody got pissed they stopped.  Then a couple minutes later the other side starts it.  If it's annoying to you, my bad for taking part.  Also lots of Babytista chants which was more palatable.  I really wish I could say I liked it, but felt like they dragged a lot to fill that 60 minutes.  If they shaved off a fair amount of time it would have been more enjoyable.  I'm taking into account it was late and we had to go, so I'll give the online show a shot to see if my opinion changes.

All in all it was a blast live.  I can safely say the crowd was into a lot of the show and feel very happy I was there.  The seats were a sellout and general admission had a ton of people.  Met Dalton before the show and he was awesome.  He had a huge line waiting for him, not many for Jay or Strong.  And we took a ton of killer pictures.  If I can get around to putting them online I'll share the best ones here (I'll post links so I don't clutter the thread with pictures)

• Like 1