DVDVR Message Board

2015 RING OF HONOR DISCUSSION THREAD

Finally got ROH on TV in NYC through Fios.  Watched a little of this weeks show.  Fell asleep before the main event.  The Young Bucks commercial is pretty awesome.  You know, the one where he superkicks the t-shirt.

That Young Bucks commercial is my favorite thing the Young Bucks have ever done.

Quiet down, both of you....the Young Bucks are horrible and are a blight on the serious business of pro wrestling.  Now if you excuse me, I'm off to watch Nakamura make retard faces and spastic gesticulations and call it "charisma."

Our board approved hero!

• Like 1

Quiet down, both of you....the Young Bucks are horrible and are a blight on the serious business of pro wrestling. Now if you excuse me, I'm off to watch Nakamura make retard faces and spastic gesticulations and call it "charisma."

Like that's a bad thing.

Finally got ROH on TV in NYC through Fios.  Watched a little of this weeks show.  Fell asleep before the main event.  The Young Bucks commercial is pretty awesome.  You know, the one where he superkicks the t-shirt.

Where on FiOS is this? I am bad at Search.

Where on FiOS is this? I am bad at Search.

Like Channel 97?  NESN.  New England Sports Network?  It is on Midnight Monday night/Tuesday morning. It is SD and definitely in the 90s.

War of the Worlds Night 1 and 2 results

http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/2015/0512/594225/rohnjpw-war-of-the-worlds-night-1-results/

Night One

* Gedo def. Delirious via pinfall

* Roderick Strong defeated Kushida via pinfall

* ROH Television Champion Jay Lethal defeated Wanatabe via pinfall

* IWGP Junior Tag Team Champions Young Bucks defeated ROH Tag Team Champions The Addiction (Christopher Daniels & Kazarian) and IWGP Tag Team Champions The Kingdom via pinfall

- Moose cut a promo saying he is coming for the ROH Title

* Tetsuya Naito def. Michael Elgin via pinfall. Elgin tried to shake hands after, but got attacked by Naito

* ReDragon defeated Jushin Thunder Liger and Hiroshi Tanahashi

* IWGP Champion AJ Styles defeated Adam Cole by pinfall. Cole worked as a heel

* Okada and Shinsuke Nakamura defeated The Briscoes via pinfall after Okada hit the Rainmaker.

Night Two

* Romantic Touch defeated J Diesel via pinfall. Moose was supposed to face Diesel but he says he won't wrestle until he gets a ROH World title shot.

* Adam Page defeated Watanabe by pinfall. Colby Corino interfered and got dropped with a lariat.

* Michael Elgin defeated Kushida via pinfall after an Elgin Bomb.

* Tetsuya Naito defeated Kyle O'Reilly via pinfall with a Stardust Press.

* Shinsuke Nakamura defeated Jushin Thunder Liger, Mark Briscoe and Champion Jay Letha. Nakamura pinned Liger after the Boma Ye.

- Brutal Bob attacked Cheeseburger as he was handing out things to the crowd

* Hiroshi Tanahashi defeated Roderick Strong via pinfall with the High Fly Flow.

* The Addiction (Christopher Daniels & Kazarian) defeated Okada and Gedo via pinfall after Celebrity Rehab on Gedo. After the match, Okada hit the Rainmaker on Daniels.

* ROH World Champion Jay Briscoe defeated Bobby Fish via pinfall with Jay Driller to retain the ROH World Championship. Moose came out after and speared Briscoe.

* Kingdom (Adam Cole, Michael Bennett, Matt Taven w/ Maria) defeated The Bullet Club (AJ Styles & The Young Bucks) via pinfall after when nailed Matt Jackson with a title belt. Maria got triple superkicked by The Bullet Club after the match.

• Like 1

So I guess they're building to Briscoe vs. Moose for the title to end Moose's undefeated streak before Moose defects to Global Force...

Aren't the ROHBots doing the usual turn the long-reigning champion heel bit, which could make things interesting because isn't Moose a heel as well?

I follow ROH so casually that I have a hard time keeping up with it all. Plus, ROH does not broadcast in Dothan.

Quiet down, both of you....the Young Bucks are horrible and are a blight on the serious business of pro wrestling.  Now if you excuse me, I'm off to watch Nakamura make retard faces and spastic gesticulations and call it "charisma."

BOOOOOOO! I will not have you talk about my recent "holy shit, who is this guy?" discovery (I know, I'm at least a decade behind) that way. Retard faces or not, dude's a star. I also like the Young Bucks for what they are (a wrestling version of one of those acrobatic gymnastic troupes), so I'm not worth a shit.

I just got back from Global Wars Night 2. So much more fun than the iPPV on Friday. They taped the next 4 weeks of TV. I won't post spoilers, but just some random thoughts.

Toronto crowd was hot for the entire 4.5 hour taping, which is kind of amazing.

Lethal vs. Briscoe - Title vs Title announced as the main event of Best in the World. They did a contract signing on episode 3 and really made it feel like a big deal.

Cedric Alexander vs. Moose is worth checking out. Fun finish that really solidifies Moose as a babyface and furthers the angle with Cedric.

Also #1 Contender's 3 Way at BITW: Elgin vs. Roderick vs. Moose

Liger and Dalton Castle was ridiculously fun. Castle's gimmick is bulletproof and Liger played along perfectly, fun stuff.

Go out of your way to see Nakamura vs. Strong, and RPG Vice/Okada vs. Bucks/Styles (they should be on the same episode)

Tanahashi and Naito essentially play heels in the tag match with Sydal/ACH but because they're New Japan guys, the crowd refused to boo them.

Gallows/Karl vs. Kingdom is a fun brawl.

And this likely won't be shown on TV but the entire Bullet Club jump Okada and RPG Vice post-match, for Mike Bennett, Maria, and Matt Taven to make the save. Crowd wasn't sure how to react until they remembered "Oh yeah, they're feuding with Bullet Club too!"

Didn't announce a return date either, but plugged the September Buffalo show, which the crowd shit all over.

• Like 2

I was going to say the same about Liger/Dalton Castle. So much fun. I wasn't all that into Nakamura/Strong though even though it's the match I came for. It had been a long and drunken night by that point. I'm gonna rewatch it when I can.

• Like 1

Are they seriously going to unify the belts and drop the TV title?

Maybe rebrand the TV belt as the Sinclair Broadcasting Television Championship and have the side plates represent sponsors.  Knee and back brace company on one, Mega Prostate on the other.  And they can rotate as new sponsors come on.

• Like 1

Well Ring Of Honor is coming back to Vegas in July and naturally I'm home in Washington for the summer. I had a lot of fun at the 13th Anniversary show I'd love to go to another show. I know they have TV up here, a live show in Seattle would be fun. I wonder if the strict regulations of the athletic commission up here is keeping that from being a reality.