DVDVR Message Board

2015 RING OF HONOR DISCUSSION THREAD

It sounded like they taped Commentary over Skype. Both Cole and Kelly faded in and out a lot. A lot of the time, you could barely make out what Cole was saying.

Cole sounded bored and annoyed to be doing commentary, which is not something you want to do if you are trying to show how diverse you are as a performer.

At the same time, that's sort of Cole's character right now. Given what he's been up to lately, I thought he was a weird choice for commentary. They should have gone with Caprice Coleman if they weren't going to use King Corino.

I haven't seen the show yet, but isn't he still pissed off and bitter from the PPV match with Briscoe?  He was like that the past couple times, so I can imagine he's just being that on commentary.  If they air the title match with Jay it might make sense why he's doing commentary even if he "doesn't give a shit"

• Like 1

This amused me a little. It appeared verbatim on PWInsider.com.

#WatchROH TV two men are looking to get back on top as Michael Elgin takes on Cedric Alexander … (*Insert Day*) At (*Time Or Times*) On (*Station / Stations*)

Almost done with the Atlanta show. So good. Roddy against Kyle O'Reilly was fantastic. Did Roddy get good all of a sudden because he bored the shit out of me for years? The last few matches I've seen of his has have been great. 

Almost done with the Atlanta show. So good. Roddy against Kyle O'Reilly was fantastic. Did Roddy get good all of a sudden because he bored the shit out of me for years? The last few matches I've seen of his has have been great.

I've been a fan of Roderick for a long time. Sure, he's not a great promo, but he delivers with his wrestling.

Strong's a good worker but my god he is just the blandest guy ever.

This.  Roddy's always been good-great depending on who he's in the ring with and how motivated he is, but he's missing the "it" factor that gets guys to the next level.

Is it weird that I found Castle-Dijak to be a better match than either of the mains from last week (Liger/Lethal or Joe/Brisco)?  Maybe it's because I knew how each of the those matches were going to end but was genuinely unsure of how Castle-Dijak would go.  Methinks ROH fans should enjoy Castle while he's there, I would be shocked if someone (WWE, the bloated corpse of TNA, Jarrett's new deal) doesn't snap him up soon.

Could not get into the main event (Alexander-Elgin) for the life of me.  I finally just skipped to the very end and went "Yeah, this is exactly how I figured it would end".  The Lethal-Brisco thing was entertaining, that should be a decent feud.

Again, I really hope Castle never signs with WWE.  Not that I begrudge the guy making money, but I can't help but think that his ring entrance would be toned down severely or discarded altogether.

His NXT entrance would be glorious he would have a whole fleet of "his boys".

• Like 1

I dig Dalton Castle's entrance, but, when the match starts, I start wondering how much more I'd like the entrance if it was done by a wrestler I actually wanted to see in the ring.

I'd sad Embassy-era Jimmy Rave didn't have Castle's entrance.

YES!!!!!! Anyone else on this week's ROH episode have Dalton Castle plug super beta prostate?

I certainly did and was absolutely amazed by it.  I feel when wanting to post about him I need to put his name in all caps or put a bunch of exclamation points in there.  The guy is genuinely entertaining and I love damn near everything he's doing.  Really fun match too.

Not sure what's in the Texas water, but that crowd was on fire.  It was great seeing them so into it.  Also helps they had cool shit to see, from the Dalton match to the Fish Tank segment.  Honestly feel the main event is a step down after all that happened.

The Internet Wrestling Community needs to be get together at their next meeting and decide that guys over 6 foot 6 should NEVER slap the leg when doing moves.  I understand why guys like Gargano or Alex Shelley or others do it but the idea of someone that big as Donovan Dijak having to blatantly slap the leg for his finisher is just stupid.   If you are that big then a knee to the face should hurt without it.  

Caste doing a dead lift suplex on Dijak was extremely impressive.  Not sure if it is more impressive to do it on a fatter guy or a guy much taller than you like that

I would hope that they explain Daniels and Kazarian helping RedDragon from the attack of the KRD given what we know.  Maybe there are actually 4 members and they are waiting later

YES!!!!!! Anyone else on this week's ROH episode have Dalton Castle plug super beta prostate?

I certainly did and was absolutely amazed by it.  I feel when wanting to post about him I need to put his name in all caps or put a bunch of exclamation points in there.  The guy is genuinely entertaining and I love damn near everything he's doing.  Really fun match too.

Not sure what's in the Texas water, but that crowd was on fire.  It was great seeing them so into it.  Also helps they had cool shit to see, from the Dalton match to the Fish Tank segment.  Honestly feel the main event is a step down after all that happened.

Yeah DALTON CASTLE is awesome and maybe just maybe when Lethal drops the title a future ROH TV champion. Now that we got DALTON CASTLE doing the super Beta prostate ad we need him doing some commentary during a match. It worked once let's shoot for twice.

For local Tallahassee wrestling news Missy Hyatt got arrested here in Tally for Grand Theft Auto in Late March.