DVDVR Message Board

2015 RING OF HONOR DISCUSSION THREAD

Yes, both Carter and his mother were big Mr. Rasslin' II fans. Mr. Wrestling II couldn't accept the invitation because there are security regulations that would've forced him to unmask in the White House. KAYFABE.

093009Mr.WrestlingCarterPhoto.jpg

• Like 2

Jay Briscoe doing commentary is well it was something.   :D

Elgin doing the standing suplex on Moose for about 15 seconds only to no sell and clobber him was pretty awesome.   

In terms of flippy MOVEZ, the 6 way match features Styles/Bucks vs Alexander/ACH/Sydal is a match of the year contender.  I loved the 3 way tag title match on New Japan 2/11 show and I enjoyed this much more.  

ACH almost killing himself on the running hurricanrana to Styles on the apron was really dumb and incredibly dangerous. I didn't really care for the match and while I can buy into those ROH type sprints at times, I felt this one was really convoluted had far too many spots that took me out of the match. And I fucking can't stand ROH crowds. "This is wrestling!" *clap clap clapclapclap*... SMDH

Monthly specials?  I'd be good that.  Why stop there, though?  Just get them off Sinclair already and put the weekly shows there too.  It was cool at first knowing Sinclair has headquarters 20 minutes from my place.  But they just don't want to shell out much money to support them.  I would hope Spike would be more willing to shell out the cash.

Sinclair is awful and I don't really see much of a future for ROH.  Everyone I've known who has worked for them (I used to work in broadcasting in Maryland) has told me nothing but bad things, especially regarding how cheap they are.  I'm seriously surprised they shelled out the cash to switch to HD.  They probably got a barter deal.

I just Googled "sinclair broadcasting cheap" and found this awesome thread.

• Like 1

Sinclair is awful and I don't really see much of a future for ROH.  Everyone I've known who has worked for them (I used to work in broadcasting in Maryland) has told me nothing but bad things, especially regarding how cheap they are.  I'm seriously surprised they shelled out the cash to switch to HD.  They probably got a barter deal.

I just Googled "sinclair broadcasting cheap" and found this awesome thread.

Oh, this is just delightful.  I almost got a job there, and thinking back and am glad I didn't.  I disagrre about ROH though, they'll be just fine.  SBG in a just world wouldn't be around much longer.  But they have such shit programming that they'll have enough suckers sign up with them.

I'd be up for showing those in charge of ROH that link.  They really need to get out of there.

• Like 1

From what I recall, Baltimore's Sinclair-owned Fox affiliate -- the flagship station of their company -- was (still is?) the only non-union station in the area.  Not because of their political leanings -- though I'm sure that helps -- but because being non-union means they can have salaried employees work 60 hour weeks with impunity and allow interns to do technical work that paid staff should be doing.

Is it any wonder that ROH was turned down when they asked execs for more money?  I'm surprised Sinclair doesn't just ask Delirious to train their interns to wrestle.

Could training interns really end up worse than who they are training in the dojo? I tried finding a list of "graduates" of the ROH dojo, but Rhett Titus might actually be the best guy they have trained. Well him or Bobby Dempsey, from the names I found.