DVDVR Message Board

2015 TNA DISCUSSION THREAD

I can't believe TNA has managed to survive this long.  It's existed as a brand like as long as WCW did.

If this is it for them, I want the books open to learn if the company ever truly did make a profit or break even in certain years.

Frankly, I'd love it if NJPW could be considered the legit #2 organization in the world behind WWE.

I thought there was a small period that TNA was at the least a break even company.   Maybe between the early Spike TV run until Russo came in.   But any hopes of a profit went out the window once Hogan and his posse showed up

Eric Young@TheEricYoung 17m17 minutes ago

Real world!!! If you watched #Slammiversary2015 and didn't like it GO FUCK YOURSELF #ProWrestling #proud #5thday #agame #teameffort

talk about living the gimmick  

I thought there was a small period that TNA was at the least a break even company.   Maybe between the early Spike TV run until Russo came in.   But any hopes of a profit went out the window once Hogan and his posse showed up 

Not sure they were operating at any kind of profit back then.  When they first got on Spike TV, they were strictly on the internet only with the monthly PPV's for several months.  Plus, they were paying Fox Sports Net money just to have the weekly Impact show.  Spike TV didn't make them pay for air time, but they got no ad revenue in return for that favor.  

Either way, I'd be curious to know the real numbers and if they ever did make a profit or break even at all.

Since I suspect every ppv involving Jeff Jarrett in the main event has only drawn smaller and smaller numbers, would that not make him both the smartest man in wrestling and the worst draw of all time all?

The departing heel beat the departing face whose wife he tried to kill. An announcer was (understandably) confused by the main event match stipulations. The audio went out

What's a similar word that's stronger than "catastrophe"?

Disaster?

See, I think catastrophe is more harsh, but that's just me

Given the unintentionally comedy of the show, perhaps I should be searching for a word that defines a comical calamity

Hilaritrophe? Comiclysm?

• Like 1

This was not even the worst TNA PPV *or* the biggest TNA PPV disaster, as long as Sting vs. Jeff Hardy still exists in this timeline.

As usual, a TNA show starts almost promising and then goes right off the fucking rails halfway through.

Eric Young tweeted (since deleted) that if you didn't like the PPV, you can go fuck yourself.  So endearing to the fans they're desperately trying to get.

It would be perfect if TNA's last-ever PPV featured Jeff Jarrett on top.

It was the quarter right before the Hogan/Bischoff debut.

TNA fans are desperate to say that the company dying would be bad for the wrestling business. They're convinced that TNA is WCW, when in fact, it's the AWA. They're not even #2 in the U.S. anymore. 

Frankly, I'd love it if NJPW could be considered the legit #2 organization in the world behind WWE.

I think the only contention against NJPW being #2 in the world would be CMLL, wouldn't it? It certainly wouldn't be TNA.

Disaster?

See, I think catastrophe is more harsh, but that's just me

Given the unintentionally comedy of the show, perhaps I should be searching for a word that defines a comical calamity

Hilaritrophe? Comiclysm?

I would just call the show a disasterpiece.  Then again, I might actually prefer to watch Heidenreich.

Just for the record - Dave Scherer is reporting that Terrell and Kong are signed through the end of the year and that Meltzer is wrong (without specifically mentioning Dave since PWI never does that

Scherer also says that Storm and Magnus both asked be let out of their deals instead of their deals expiring

Take all of this for whatever it is worth

By Dave Scherer on 2015-06-29 10:04:15

In case you missed our story over the weekend, TNA let Magnus and James Storm out of their contracts after last night’s PPV.  Storm and Magnus came to management and asked to be let out of their deals as TNA runs far fewer dates now than it used to, meaning that both men have been making far less money.  TNA respected their situation and let them out of their deals so that they can take dates from other promotions, such as Global Force Wrestling or even WWE if the big dog comes calling, and supplement their now lower TNA income.  TNA realizes that at this point in time, they are largely a TV only wrestling promotion with limited dates so they did what I feel is the right thing by not holding the men to contracts that would penalize them due to the changes in TNA’s business.  The company plans to use both men at upcoming TV tapings, provided they are available.  I would expect that they would continue to make the storyline arcs involving them somewhat closed-ended in case they sign a deal with another company after the tapings are in the can.  I would not be surprised to see them do the same thing with more talents in the future as they can only afford to keep a limited number of people on guaranteed money deals (EC3, Kurt Angle, Jeff Hardy, etc.).

Austin Aries’ contract also expired yesterday, as opposed to being torn up.  I have been told that TNA would use him in the future, but I think that depends more on what Aries decides he wants to do.  Ring Of Honor is an option for him, as I would think New Japan is as well.  He would be a nice fit in The Bullet Club.

There was an internet story yesterday that the contracts of Taryn Terrell and Awesome Kong also expired yesterday, but that was not the case.  Both are signed until at least the end of the year.

I think the only contention against NJPW being #2 in the world would be CMLL, wouldn't it? It certainly wouldn't be TNA.

But I thought it was nXt?

• Like 2

Terrell and Kong would be idiots to leave TNA at this point, considering they've probably both burnt their bridges with WWE.

The only advantage Taryn Terrell has it that she works in movies and we all know the WWE loves anything involving their stars in movies no matter how small it is

"LOOK AT HERE MAGGLE TARYN JUST TOOK A BASKETBALL TO THE HEAD FROM WILL FERRELL.  SOMEONE BETTER TELL RO FLO"    :rolleyes:

So, a lot of people are calling Slamiversary "TNA's Last PPV."

Is this company worse off than I thought? I just imagined TNA would buy time somewhere.

I think they mean "live" PPV.

Pretty much everything is TV now. The PPVs they tape are for the international market.

Bound for Glory in October is supposed to be their other live PPV this year but since most people think they will be dead in Sept - that might be why folks are saying "last" PPV

Terrell and Kong would be idiots to leave TNA at this point, considering they've probably both burnt their bridges with WWE.

Perhaps I missed something with Kong, but how did she burn her bridge? Didn't she leave because she was pregnant?

Perhaps I missed something with Kong, but how did she burn her bridge? Didn't she leave because she was pregnant?

She left because she was pregnant.

She miscarried (after lying and saying she had delivered a healthy baby boy). This all came out after her showing up in the Royal Rumble.

The WWE then worked out some sort of time table for her return.

She then told them she couldn't met the time table so they released her.