DVDVR Message Board

2015 TNA DISCUSSION THREAD

Every time I saw Gunner pop up on my TV the last few years I would laugh because I will forever associate him with that time Ric Flair was in TNA cutting a promo on someone hyping up heels he has as backup screaming about "i've got Gunner...and his PAL!" because in the midst of the promo Flair forgot Murphy's name.

I think Gunner was the opponent in Chris Lewie's TNA Gut Check match that was one of the worst nationally televised wrestling performances in recent memory.

And thats about all I remember Gunner bringing to the table.

Every time I saw Gunner pop up on my TV the last few years I would laugh because I will forever associate him with that time Ric Flair was in TNA cutting a promo on someone hyping up heels he has as backup screaming about "i've got Gunner...and his PAL!" because in the midst of the promo Flair forgot Murphy's name.

I think Gunner was the opponent in Chris Lewie's TNA Gut Check match that was one of the worst nationally televised wrestling performances in recent memory.

And thats about all I remember Gunner bringing to the table.

There's clean, and then there's pro-wrestling clean. Remember that we were told Eddie was clean for years before he died. Plus, you know Jeff had to have been given decent painkillers when he broke his leg.

Gunner did manage to cut a passionate patriotic promo about his time in the war/marines that was good enough to get a strong USA chant on an overseas show(Ireland?) which is the only time I've ever seen that as long as I've watched wrestling.

Gunner did manage to cut a passionate patriotic promo about his time in the war/marines that was good enough to get a strong USA chant on an overseas show(Ireland?) which is the only time I've ever seen that as long as I've watched wrestling.

Glasgow, Scotland. I've seen Jim Duggan get UK crowds to chant USA in the past as well though. Although that's mostly because he chants it himself and they join in. Gunner got them to do it spontaneous.

When Gunner had his title shot against Magnus, that was one of Magnus' best title defenses. Mostly because it was booked to be a Wrestling match and not a series of run-ins.

Gunner and Storm had a hell of a feud last year (?) that pretty much flew under the radar.  It started out hot in Europe but then they had to come back to some tepid US crowds.  The matches were good but that Impact Zone audience did not give a shit.  I remember them beating each other over the head with some plunder right in front of these girls that were more concerned with taking selfies.

I feel like Gunner also banked like five World Title shots from winning various tournaments on those One Night Only PPVs that nobody watches.  I think Taryn Terrell also won a ladder match on the last ONO PPV for a Knockouts Title shot even though she was/is the Knockouts Champion.

And Shaw's a tall guy with a good physique that's got good babyface fire and can jump real high so after they sign him they send him to OVW for like a year and when he gets brought back they pretend like they don't know anything about him and give him a character where his entire body is covered, he moves slow, and he uses a choke for a finish.  And they put him in a terrible angle with Christy Hemme and Ken Anderson.  And then Gunner fresh off of winning his good feud with Storm got rewarded by being put in this terrible angle with Shaw.

I'm not saying Gunner and Shaw were going to sell out houses and PPVs because TNA doesn't even try to do that but they're both young guys that could've been utilized a whole lot better.

And TNA actually has a house show booked for September.  I mean, it's a fair show in PA but that's more than they've had for a couple of years it seems like.