DVDVR Message Board

2015 TNA DISCUSSION THREAD

Well ROH did trot out a tag title "match" with a one man team, Cheeseburger/Bob Evans, and a pretty underwhelming Gallows/Anderson vs Bennett/Taven match. This week's ROH episode was clearly a one match show. I haven't watched this week's Impact, but it would be tough to be worse.

Castle -v- Liger was awesome, though.

Eh, I don't know. This was my first exposure to Castle, and my impression was that he's like a lot of guys today -- too obviously playing a character and not making me believe he is the character. Liger didn't seem to care about the first third of the match, after which they actually started putting something together.

I am dead serious ... I keep clicking the TNA forum, reading the last few posts and I think, "ah, wrong thread," back out, click the TNA forum, read the last few posts and think, "damn it, I did it again!" back out ...

• Like 2

I'd like Dalton Cas

Castle -v- Liger was awesome, though.

Eh, I don't know. This was my first exposure to Castle, and my impression was that he's like a lot of guys today -- too obviously playing a character and not making me believe he is the character. Liger didn't seem to care about the first third of the match, after which they actually started putting something together.

I dig Castle's entrance (though I think I'd like it a lot more if JImmy Rave was doing it and it was 2005), but he does nothing for me once the bell rings.  Actually, that's my thought on a lot of ROH's current roster.  I'd dig 2015 ROH more if it was all entrances and promos.

• Like 1

On the "so TNA" scale, where does sending this week's show to The Fight Network with no audio track fall??

Somewhere between "Homicide unable to climb that cage" and "Chris Harris regularly jerking off in front of Bob Ryder in exchange for a push."

I am watching this week's episode from Fight Network, and there's no problem at all with the audio.

EDIT: Commentary was gone after commercial break #1. It was like watching the IWA King of the Deathmatch tournament from back in the day.

Edited by Dewar

http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/news/kurt-angle-vs-ethan-carter-iii-tna-world-title-match-confirmed-for-june-28th-episode-of-tna-impact

TNA announced the following today, confirming that the Kurt Angle vs. Ethan Carter III TNA Title match will take place on the July 1st edition of iMPACT! Wrestling, and not on the June 28th Slammiversary PPV as many thought. The title match will actually be taped prior to the pay-per-view, as TNA runs on a delay on June 24th and then tapes on June 25th, 26th, and 27th for six weeks of post Slammiversary TV…

When Kurt Angle and EC3 make their July 1st “Bell To Bell” World Championship Match official Wednesday Night on Destination America they will both agree to a unique clause in the contract. EC3 and Kurt Angle will choose each other’s opponents in the two weeks leading to their epic showdown. EC3 will have to sign the contract and later in the same night face an opponent of Kurt Angle’s choice.

As Champion, Kurt was given the option of deciding who would have the first match in this “Uncertain Fate” Clause. Was that the right decision? Let’s explore, with EC3 competing first it gives Angle an opportunity to scout and gives Kurt a much deserved night off after facing two opponents in Rockstar Spud and Austin Aries this past Wednesday night. On the other hand, it will give EC3 the night off just a week away from facing Kurt Angle for The World Title.

In any event, it is a very interesting time in Impact Wrestling, EC3 and Kurt Angle make it official at the start of Impact on Destination America, and EC3 will face an opponent whom we will all find out who it is together, when TNA World Champion, Kurt Angle tells us and EC3 at the same time.

* June 17th: Kurt Angle and EC3 Sign The Contract For Their World Title Match on July 1st and later that night, EC3 faces an opponent of Kurt Angle’s choosing.
* June 24th: LIVE on Destination America, Kurt Angle faces an opponent of EC3’s choosing.
* July 1st: Kurt Angle vs. EC3 For The TNA World Championship.

Anyones take on airing your World Title match on free tv and not the PPV? Wonder what the Slammiversary main will be? I believe they have Already done Angle and Spud vs EC3 and Tyrus on IMPACT so there gos that. Davey Richards vs Davey Richards inside a Steel Davey Richards perhaps?

Don't TNA's PPV's draw about the same rating as a test pattern would?  I assume the thinking is that they might as well do title changes on Impact where more people will see the match.

Of course, it's circular logic.  If you stop doing title changes and big angles on PPV because no one is buying the PPV, you teach the fanbase that the PPV's aren't important and people will be even less likely to spend money on the PPVs.

Edit: I can't believe the framistan for "the pro duct" is still around.  How many board crashes has that particular framistan been through?

It's in a bad spot because they are taping the next month+ of TV before the PPV so I guess they figure tape it ahead rather than go in to the PPV with every one knowing the outcome anyway. I imagine the PPV will feel like just a collection of matches similar to BFG last year.