DVDVR Message Board

2015 TNA DISCUSSION THREAD

I hope this is good news given all of the advertisers that included TNA on their DNA [Do Not Advertise] list.

lol god damn

It's still pretty mind blowing that there were advertisers who watched low budget ghost hunts, bigfoot shows and rednecks doing various redneck things who still saw TNA as a bridge too far.

Yeah, that's what I can't get over.

killing_bigfoot_ad-jpg.jpg

This is the network that TNA is too lowbrow for.

Can't they just leave Bigfoot the fuck alone?

That's what I hate about humanity. Say this amazing mythical creature actually does exist, you're first instinct is to kill him?

The hell with them. I hope Bigfoot ate them all.

Don't worry, as per clips I've seen on 'The Soup', they no more run into big foot than you are I did today.  One episode featured people off-camera throwing branches at them as bigfoot attacking them.  It's actually worse than it sounds.

I honestly am getting to the point where, when comparing TNA's advertising dollars to WWE's, it's not a matter of pro wrestling being too low brow, but  a pro wrestling company called motherfucking TNA (TNA!!!) run by the people it's run by being too low brow. The TNA name honestly probably sunk them more than anything, again, with the exception of mismanagement. They should have changed it to Impact Wrestling or ICW or IWF the day they picked up Hogan and Flair, if not Angle, Christian, Booker, and the Dudleys way back when (not taking anything away from the indy/homegrown stars, but those guys were names in 2005/2006 and it actually did seem like somewhat a turning of the tide).

On the upside, at least they are the still on the Fight Network, a network that no longer airs such hoi polloi programming as So You Wanna Fight and Lithuanian honey wrestling.

They've never been the same since they dropped Japanese Cat Fights.

Naughty Girls! Nananananaaa!

So the newest member of Team TNA is Gabe as he has been a huge shill for IMPACT in the last couple days.  I mean I guess I shouldn't be too surprised given he can't be a huge supporter of Ring of Honor and Gabe is building his product on guys like TJ Perkins, Drew Galloway, and apparently Davey Richards again.  But the idea that he has decided to be this in the tank for TNA when the iceberg is right in front of the Titanic is just weird

iMPACT is actually pretty good since moving to DA. I mean it's not perfect but they have a pretty good roster right now and the writing is good, at least by TNA standards.

Jeff Jarrett gave a short interview here:http://csrwrestling....th-jeff-jarrett and during the word association part at the end he's asked about Dixie Carter:

Dixie Carter- “Great Family, Not a very nice lady.”

That's been updated:

”After further review of the audio, we now believe Mr. Jarrett’s actual comments were, “Great family. Nice, very nice lady.”

Something about THE YEH-TAY is what I heard.

Joe Koff comes off pretty cocksuckerish in all of this.  Both Sinclair and DA are located in Maryland.  TV executive shenanigans.

It's hilarious how everybody laughed at TNA for being on DA but ROH gets on the same channel and everybody laughs at TNA.

All of the signage for Impact says 'Impact Wrestling' with the TNA logo only appearing in graphics during title matches and the copyright notice at the end and on the physical championship belts themselves.  So 'TNA' doesn't cost them anything.  Just being pro wrestling costs them.  There's also TV networks being generally lazy and ad sales probably didn't try much harder than asking the advertisers from their other programming if they wanted to buy units on TNA and getting turned down and throwing in the towel.  WWE's ad rates suck too.  The WWE programming is kept around because the ratings bring the network averages up which improves ad rates for NBCUniversal's more desirable programs.

DA started them on Friday night and Saturday morning.  Probably the two worst timeslots to appeal to the demos that would watch pro wrestling.  Being on Wednesday night should get them another hundred thousand viewers just by virtue of not being on Friday night.  Really a Thursday night block could move some ad units for new movies debuting on Friday.  Better replay dates would be late Saturday night/early Sunday morning or late Monday night so they could piggyback off of Raw and move some ads for new media/video games on Tuesdays.

Hogan used to complain about Spike because he couldn't find it in his hotel and someone at TNA really should've shut him up because Spike's usually included in basic cable packages and hotels aren't Nielsen voters.  If he were still around and complained about DA he wouldn't sound like a total idiot for a change.

ROH used to be on HDNet.  I suppose DA is pretty comparable to AXS in terms of carriage and coverage but there's no porpoise slapping on DA.

THE HOG > Psychic Bigfoot

• Like 3

ROH used to be on HDNet.  I suppose DA is pretty comparable to AXS in terms of carriage and coverage but there's no porpoise slapping on DA.

THE HOG > Psychic Bigfoot

That's not really fair, though, because THE HOG~! > a whole damn lot of things.

TNA could've been saved all this trouble if they'd kept Cody Deaner.

DA started them on Friday night and Saturday morning.  Probably the two worst timeslots to appeal to the demos that would watch pro wrestling. 

I know the networks dropped cartoons on Saturday because the kids aren't watching cartoons anymore, but did the Saturday morning kid audience just die completely?

Saturday morning is where they put the federally mandated educational/instructional programming.  They killed cartoons because live action stuff is cheaper to produce, and they'd already cut back on the hours because paid programming makes more money than a lot of stuff they run on Saturday/Sunday morning/afternoon.

DA started them on Friday night and Saturday morning.  Probably the two worst timeslots to appeal to the demos that would watch pro wrestling. 

I know the networks dropped cartoons on Saturday because the kids aren't watching cartoons anymore, but did the Saturday morning kid audience just die completely?

No - actually, the Saturday numbers were fantastic. They were literally too good and DA decided that they were somehow hurting Friday numbers, so they moved all of the other programming to bizarre timeslots with no notice. Somehow, this strategy failed.

Remember, before he killed WCW, jamie kellner killed Kids WB.

During the advent of digital recording he also accused people using it of stealing because they weren't watching the commercials. Real visionary.
  • Like 1

So many places to post this

CGB0ktUWIAAL7BE.jpg

Found out here about this. I joined DVDVR in September 2005 and have to say this is one of my favourite threads, especially from RIPPA's post on with reactions to the news. Legit LOL's. Shame there's a like limit.

Apparently TNA is holding an emergency conference call for their talent this afternoon

Are we sure the TNA office can use a phone? $20 says they accidentally dial the CEO of Discovery and Dixie calls his wife a cunt on the call.

I can picture it now: Davey reviving someone, anxiously awaiting a response to see if they're okay, only to get a garbled, "Have you seen that suplex gif? The fuck were you thinking?"

Or "Oh god! I've died and gone to wrestling hell! I'm going to be stuck watching Davey Richards vs. Davey Richards in a Steel Davey Richards for all of eternity!"

If I'm ever in a serious accident, I want treated by Davey.

Seriously, when's the last time someone in a Davey Richards match got pinned by the first finisher? I figure, with Davey working on me, I'm good for 4 or 5 kickouts at 2 or 2.9. Hell, if all else fails, Davey can probably revive me with fighting spirit.

'Cause paramedicing is serios bizness!!!!!

Bravo.

Saturday morning is where they put the federally mandated educational/instructional programming.  They killed cartoons because live action stuff is cheaper to produce, and they'd already cut back on the hours because paid programming makes more money than a lot of stuff they run on Saturday/Sunday morning/afternoon.

What else killed cartoons was the law that was passed (too lazy to look it up) that mandated that cartoons couldn't just be thinly-disguised half hour toy commercials.  I mourn for my youth of G.I. Joe, Transformers, He-man, etc.

There's a law mandating that?  That's a load of bullshit, some of my favorite cartoons were "half hour toy commercials".

Oh, and haven't said it in a while, but fuck Jamie Kellner.  I hope he's out of the TV business because he killed off a lot of cool stuff (not including WCW in that)

There's a law mandating that?  That's a load of bullshit, some of my favorite cartoons were "half hour toy commercials".

Just like radio stations air that one hour of random programming at 7 am on Sunday mornings