DVDVR Message Board

2015 TNA DISCUSSION THREAD

To be fair, we thought nobody could burn their bridges as strongly as Road Dogg and Billy Gunn did in TNA as the Voodoo Kin Mafia, and they're now working FOR Triple H as trainers in the Performance Center. No bridge can ever truly be burned.

I dunno, Cornette's been pretty thorough.

Well, it's not like the Wolves are going to be able to jump back to ROH considering Davey Richards' history.

That is the biggest problem lots of TNA guys have.   Guys like the Wolves and Austin Aries can't go back to ROH because they burned that bridge and guys like the Wolves/Aries/EC3/Bram/most of the knockouts can't go to the WWE because they were there (or tried to go there) in the first place and didn't think shit about to begin with.

Really there best hope is House of Hardcore

Oh, ROH would take Aries back in a second.

Bram and EC3 have a shot at going back to WWE, Bram above all others.  Wolves are proper fucked though.  No one else wants them.

I don't know if I'm alone in this, but I for one would love to see Low Ki in NXT.

I know he's a pain in the ass to work with and I don't know how much he burned his bridges there, but the environment has totally changed. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

I love Low-Ki, so I'd love it. But yeah, not gonna happen.

• Like 2

Well, it's not like the Wolves are going to be able to jump back to ROH considering Davey Richards' history.

That is the biggest problem lots of TNA guys have. Guys like the Wolves and Austin Aries can't go back to ROH because they burned that bridge and guys like the Wolves/Aries/EC3/Bram/most of the knockouts can't go to the WWE because they were there (or tried to go there) in the first place and didn't think shit about to begin with.

Really there best hope is House of Hardcore

Oh, ROH would take Aries back in a second.

I still think ROH would take Davey back. Never say never in wrestling unless you're Nailz testifying against Vince.

this morning at work i read on some doo doo ass newz site that WWE is interested in AJ Styles, in order to make a "full fledged third touring brand" as stacked as it could possibly be. Between he and Joe (36 and 35, respectively) I don't see what would stop them from bringing in more guys like Aries (or for that matter, my man Bobby Roode) who are mid-late 30s in age, but still have plenty of gas left.

Was Low Ki's bridge burning at WWE *really* as bad as it's made out to be, or was it just garden variety "bad attitude?" I mean, Brian Kendrick is semi-employed, and that shoot with London was nothing but Wellness violating and shit talking. They brought the NAO back after some pretty significant shit talking. Lest we forget Hogan, or if you wanna get crazy, Bruno or Warrior. Not comparing any of those guys to Low Ki in any conceivable way, just talking in terms of supposed burned bridges.

• Like 3

this morning at work i read on some doo doo ass newz site that WWE is interested in AJ Styles, in order to make a "full fledged third touring brand" as stacked as it could possibly be. Between he and Joe (36 and 35, respectively) I don't see what would stop them from bringing in more guys like Aries (or for that matter, my man Bobby Roode) who are mid-late 30s in age, but still have plenty of gas left.

Although it's fashionable to dump on Cornette now, his observation on the podcast with Meltzer about how HHH has to be given his own brand, so that when the time comes for Vince to step back the shareholders won't panic too much, was pretty sharp. 

• Like 2

I can picture it now: Davey reviving someone, anxiously awaiting a response to see if they're okay, only to get a garbled, "Have you seen that suplex gif? The fuck were you thinking?"

• Like 9