DVDVR Message Board

2015 TNA DISCUSSION THREAD

That site is TNAMecca.

Yeah, I just tried that, and it's pretty rough going.  Reading the recent chat deal they had was pretty insufferable.  But the guidelines have to be seen to be believed.  Holy shit the way they go on it's like they're some fetish site that gets hated on by everybody.    Lines like "it's a troll-free safe haven" had me go "Fuck this shit"

It's been an interesting week, and at times hectic, so we welcome the start of a new week that includes a new episode of Impact for the fans in the US. It was a week where we did things a little differently by allowing our members to vent about a certain dirtsheet writer while also dealing with a lot of hatred that's directed towards TNAMecca.

However, it is important to get back to the real reason why TNAMecca was created and that is to provide real TNA fans with a safe and troll-free place to discuss TNA (and maybe other wrestling promotions). When we created TNAMecca, we envisioned a site that would become the top site for TNA fans and we feel we have accomplished that. We've created and nurtured a community here that's unlike any other within the wrestling industry. We take pride in that and it's very important that we maintain that standard. For this reason, we've outlined some areas where we need to make changes.

1) Effective immediately, we will give the same courtesy to other promotions that we do to TNA. What this means: blatant negativity and bashing of other promotions will no longer be permitted. We have many members who are fans of the WWE, NXT, ROH, LU and numerous other promotions (or potential new members who don't join TNAMecca because of the constant anti-other promotion talk) and we'd like them to feel comfortable discussing those promotions in our weekly CHAT for the same reasons we want TNA fans to feel comfortable talking about TNA. You are, however, permitted to give constructive criticism and continue to discuss other promotions the same way you would TNA.

2) We have taken security measures this week in order to prevent trolls and any anti-TNA posters from invading TNAMecca. However, it is important that we make every effort to not constantly focus on or discuss trolls on other sites. We have made it very clear that we want no part of members here participating in arguments elsewhere (this includes other sites and social media) and then coming here to pat themselves on the back or brag about it. If you insist on arguing with trolls elsewhere, that is your prerogative but you will no longer be allowed to contaminate TNAMecca with your personal beefs.

3) Similarly, you will no longer be permitted to talk about other sites here in a manner that is disrespectful or insulting. We are not here to talk about other sites. We are here to discuss and focus on TNA and the topics at hand. It is, however, permitted to post items from other sites but all posts from other sites must include the source (the site's name) and a link to the article.

4) The posting of reports by Dave Meltzer is not permitted here, and that includes third-party reports posted by other sites. You will also no longer be permitted to talk about Meltzer and especially in a way that may be seen as a personal attack. However, we do not exist inside a bubble so you are free to discuss any rumors that are part of a larger discussion online such as this week's cancellation rumors as long as you do it calmly and respectfully. If these discussions deteriorate into personal attacks on Meltzer or doom and gloom scenarios like they did last Wednesday, we will consider banning them.

5) TNAMecca is a spoiler-free site. This means that anything that hasn't aired on television (in the US) is a spoiler. In addition, you are not permitted to tease spoilers or comment on anything that may give a spoiler away. There is one exception, however. If any member of the TNA staff announce anything publicly, whether it's on social media or their site, it is not a spoiler.

6) And lastly, the narrative of "us against them" will no longer be tolerated. This is a label imposed on us by the anti-TNA crowd and it is our responsibility to prove them wrong. Although this is a TNA site, it will not be used as a weapon against other promotions or other fans. TNAMecca must be a site where all TNA fans are welcome, including those who enjoy watching other promotions.

This is the site we envisioned when we created TNAMecca, and along the way, we may have strayed but if we are going to be the best site for real TNA fans, we must act like it.

Each of these new rules will be enforced strictly and consistently by our staff of mods. Any comments that break any of the above rules will be deleted and repeat offenders (whether it's two times or more) will be banned indefinitely or permanently.

Shane thought Test and Boogeyman would be main event stars.

Shane was not smart, frankly.

At least Stephanie has HHH in her ear and pointing out what is fucking ridiculous.

"Ear"

I really thought that by the mid-2000s, we'd be watching Raw headlined by Test, Val Venis, and Edge. Well, I got one of them right, I guess. I blame a WWF Magazine article I read as a kid that looked inside whatever training camp they were at in 1997.

Also, the quotation marks are not necessary. Methinks Stephanie is well versed in the art of shinshee shinshee

ir6vM6W.png

Christy Hemme has given her notice to TNA and Austin Aries' contract Expires in late June.

Also I thought Test could have been somwthing as the monster heel in WWECW and to turn the Test talk back to TNA here is Testsone TNA match as Andrew "The Punisher" Martin

Not to be lost in this whole conversation, (Rumors at one time) said that Paul Heyman was offered the book and his demands were total control and he would get rid of all the "old" guys, Hogan, Bischoff, Etc. Not long after, they end up in the same place anyway. Say what you want about Heyman but there is no way TNA would have just fizzled into the ground like it has. 

What has Shane done to make anyone think he'd be a good or bad booker? I don't know many "Shane ideas". Except Boogie (which did work in the short-term) and Test (which, as mentioned, should have worked. I blame giving him such a dumb fucking name).

Well, he thought it was a good idea for him, a pudgy middle-aged dude, to beat up top main heels. Apparently there was also a time he said Undertaker should chokeslam DDP off the top of a cage onto the ground (just think about that for a second) and Taker had to pull him aside and tell him how dumb it was.

Several of the ex-WWE writers Alvarez had on described his ideas as "worse than Russo."

So, yeah: I'd pick Steph over him every time. 

I think someone here once brought up how Shane would do crazy stunt spots and then not have to do anything physical again for months, but it dangerously raised the bar for the actual wrestlers.

I think someone here once brought up how Shane would do crazy stunt spots and then not have to do anything physical again for months, but it dangerously raised the bar for the actual wrestlers.

Aside from the KOTR match w Angle, I can't think of much of anything he did that was "bar raising" that didn't end with him on a crash pad.

To: TNA Wrestling; Booking Committee

CC: [email protected]; Russo, Vince

SUBJECT: ROH on DA!!!!!

Sweeties,

I've just seen the news that DA have picked up ROH. What on earth are they thinking? Those stupid doofuses do know that they have the best wrestling show on TV! Bless their dumb little hearts.

Vince, would this be a good time for you to come back on board? Now that the Destination America Wars have started we need your expertise.

Hugs and Kisses,

Dixie

• Like 9