DVDVR Message Board

2015 TNA DISCUSSION THREAD

I would've gone with the little guy who was beating off in the trash can. Puppet? Meatball? Teo?

Or they could just hire Tony Kozina.

DISRESPECT~!

They probably don't even have to hire Tony Kozina. He'd probably jerk off in a garbage can for another Destination America hoodie.

• Like 2

It's so weird to see '90s grunge music icon Billy Corgan feuding with Vince Russo and Dave Meltzer on social media.

Perhaps Kurt's suicide note should have read: "It's better to burn out that spend your retirement defending the shittiest wrestling company ever and making a fool of yourself."

• Like 1

Meltzer chewed out the company and fanbase in a great rant on WOR. Most Interesting of all: he mentioned one of the TV companies who spoke with TNA when they were on the verge of leaving Spike contacted him and made a point of saying their immaturity here would put them, and most tv channels, off of ever picking them up.

Meltzer chewed out the company and fanbase in a great rant on WOR. Most Interesting of all: he mentioned one of the TV companies who spoke with TNA when they were on the verge of leaving Spike contacted him and made a point of saying their immaturity here would put them, and most tv channels, off of ever picking them up.

Which show is this and how far in?  I never get tired of Meltzer rants.

Which show is this and how far in?  I never get tired of Meltzer rants.

From the description on XWT Wrestling Observer.com, looks like the most recent show.

• Like 1

I follow the cancellation bear (from tvbythenumbers) a lot and not once has any showrunner threatened to sue him for saying their shows were fucked. And he does it all the time. 

IIRC Kathy Bates made a bitchy comment about it once, but that's about it. 

So, in the TV industry, I imagine it is pretty unprofessional how TNA has acted here.

• Like 1

There's a big difference between a showrunner and a daddy's spoiled rich girl with a vanity promotion.

And I could see where networks would get skittish when you're tossing the word "lawsuit" around over such stupid bullshit. "So, if we do sign them, will they sue us over some stupid bullshit?" It's a legitimate question.

Well, I'm sure the hundreds of fans rallying to TNA's defense will stop Destination America from dropping these headcases, you bet.

• Like 1

I'm hoping before this whole thing is over that the TNAMecca people stage some kind of protest at the Destination America headquarters. Something like the Barstool Sports idiots protesting the NFL offices a few weeks ago.

TNA failed to stay on a shitty network that has complete crap on the network for a full year.  When they did the Destination America deal there was no good networks wanting to do a deal with them, with them being canceled now they went from unlikely to doing a deal to no chance in hell now.

Apparently on MLW they gave more details. Basically Dixie is upset that the network never touted their +3s or +7s or whatever even though they are fake numbers that don't matter. The internal email she went off on a rant about it and accidentally CC'd the president of Destination and called him a dummy in the email. The following week they had a quarterly meeting with Destination America and Dixie no shows. Next thing you know the show is cancelled.

Oh Dear God.

Hulu is probably a no since NBC is part owner and why would they want now wrestling content when they already have WWE.

Netflix I can't imagine wanting them.

So, maybe that streaming service is never heard of doing that new Justice League show?

I can't imagine cable wanting them now.

Yea where the hell do you go when Destination America doesn't want you? There really seems to be nowhere left to turn. Maybe we'll get a Kickstarer :)

There are like 500 hundred cable channels. They get decent ratings. I think they'll find somewhere. But the money will be absolutely crap.

Yea where the hell do you go when Destination America doesn't want you? There really seems to be nowhere left to turn. Maybe we'll get a Kickstarer :)

There are like 500 hundred cable channels. They get decent ratings. I think they'll find somewhere. But the money will be absolutely crap.

In the Meltzer clip, he talks about talking to different TV executives who was interested in TNA before they signed with Destination America (mostly small sports networks like NBC Sports Network and Fox Sports 2 who could benefit from TNA's promotion of their MMA) and all of them are saying "not now, no sir" after Dixie's latest stupidity.

They're not going to be able to find a home that will pay them for their programming, and without that, they're gonna lose even too much money for Panda. Everybody's been wrong before about TNA, but lt looks like game over, man.

I really don't know what they did to pis DA off so much. Ok the ad revenue isn't what they wanted nor are the advertisers but does it warrent all this hullabaloo? or is the IWC just blowing this out of proprotion?  

They've cut their budget to the bone and they still having problems paying their production people on time.  If the advertisers of Amish Ghost BBQ want nothing to do with TNA, don't see why any channel would want them regardless of the ratings.  Ratings are worthless if the advertisers don't want to pay.