DVDVR Message Board

2015 TNA DISCUSSION THREAD

I don't know of anybody who has the fight network.

My sister and brother-in-law have/had it and I was all excited to watch it when I house-sat for them.  Aside from Sunday morning lucha/puro, it's 80-90% MMA.  

He's had it for years.  WWE just kept him covered up.

The complete Best Of Sting DVD contents from the Amazon reviews:

w/Christian Cage vs. Jeff Jarrett & Monty Brown - Final Resolution '06
vs. Jeff Jarrett - Bound For Glory '06
vs. Kurt Angle - Bound For Glory '07
vs. Mick Foley - Lockdown '09
vs. Jeff Hardy - Impact (3/3/11)
vs. Ken Anderson vs. RVD - Lockdown '11
vs. Ric Flair - Impact (9/15/11)
vs. Hulk Hogan - Bound For Glory '11
HOF induction (highlights)

The "and so much more!" from ShopTNA.com's description = the Jeff Jarrett BFG match apparently.  One disk, no interviews, no extras.  I think the only match not available on another DVD is the Flair match.  Wish they at least would've included Sting's last title win against Anderson.  I'll probably pick it up eventually but it's not exactly a must buy release.

It is a pity that TNA don't seem to want to release 3 disc compilations for some of their people. I loved the Styles/Angle/Joe sets they put out in 2008ish and the big Jarrett one also, but don't watch their stuff normally as I don't have the time. Would certainly buy big sets on Sting/Angle/Styles if released as they must have had a few good matches since then...

My viewing habit for TNA was normally to record Unlocked on Saturday as it'd be that week's episode.  Then they moved it to the following Friday which was no big deal.  Record that plus the new episode and I'm good.  Except for the fact that it didn't record the new one so I'm stuck with just Unlocked.  So I go to record Unlocked from last Friday and now they just have an hour long version that has the sit down interview and two match.  What the flying fuck.  If they at least announced these changes then that's giving time to adjust the DVR scheduling accordingly.  But they can't even do that so I'm left with trying to catch up on the past two episodes which I'm hoping to easily find.

It's first world problems and everything, but it's pretty annoying when you kind of care about the show but you're unable to see it for who knows what reason.

Tazz didn't show up in Nashville to record commentary, because he hasn't been paid. We can make all the "Tazz sucks on commentary" jokes that we want, but talent not getting paid is not a good sign.

Tazz didn't show up in Nashville to record commentary, because he hasn't been paid. We can make all the "Tazz sucks on commentary" jokes that we want, but talent not getting paid is not a good sign.

If anyone deserves to not get paid for mailing it in, it would be Taz.

From WON

As noted last night on Observer radio, Taz did not come to Nashville this past week to do voiceovers for the Impact show that will air on Friday.  This was during the period when TNA was late in paying him and it was said that he refused to go to Nashville until his check arrived.

On Friday's show, Matthews will be doing the commentary solo. 

It is unclear what his future is with the company other than those very close to the situation confirm it appeared to be in question.

Taz has since removed all references to TNA on his twitter account.