DVDVR Message Board

Purotopia General Discussion: 2016 Edition

Kevin Wilson

A Young Buck (Nick I think) wrestled against Ibushi in a Korauken main event when New Japan had like a two year run of selling out Korauken. Of course, it didn't sell out because no one cares about the Young Bucks they just like to laugh at them.

No, I mean they aren't comedy wrestlers per se and they are three time tag champions/one time tournament winners, they aren't flash-in-the-pan acts.  The titles themselves just don't have a lot of prestige, it doesn't matter what team has them.

I'm getting flashbacks to 2004 New Japan, I don't think Kazuyuki Fujita is what All Japan needs.  I mean sure he'd be a good defense but I don't think putting the belt on him would be a good idea, no guarantee he'd even drop it.

if they can get some guarantee that he would job to suwama than I would love to see it. just so long as they don't put it on ka shin. i also remind people that bob sapp owes akiyama a job from that weird W-1 tournament Mutoh put together ten years back...

I noticed that in their match but he seemed to shake it off and finished without much problem. It was on a counter strike IIRC and Finlay Jr. sold it hard and went into Shelley's leg awkwardly. Shame.

Didn't care too much for day 1 though it was nice to see Gedo get a big main event match and watched Nick vs. Kushida from day 2 and it was just there.

I posted this in the general discussion thread, but it might be more appropriate here:

While we're talking about Ambrose's rebound lariat.  Who was the guy in Zero-One that would take a whip into the ropes, fly thru them, hang on to the bottom rope and somehow fling himself back in.  And is there a video clip somewhere.

I posted this in the general discussion thread, but it might be more appropriate here:

While we're talking about Ambrose's rebound lariat.  Who was the guy in Zero-One that would take a whip into the ropes, fly thru them, hang on to the bottom rope and somehow fling himself back in.  And is there a video clip somewhere.

Hidaka Ikuto I think fits the description. Now I let you check his tributes to find the move, but he does it in most of his match anyway.

Hidaka Ikuto I think fits the description. Now I let you check his tributes to find the move, but he does it in most of his match anyway.

That's him, it seems every video I watch they manage to pan the camera away when he does it.

So, has anyone watched the entire Best of the Supr Jrs. tournament and if so, what are the must-see matches?

I am only halfway through.  Nothing jumping out at me yet as overly recommendable, which isn't unusual for BOSJ points matches.

• Like 2

I need a date.  No no, not like that.  I'm talking about female companionship.  Aw I'm just joshing ya.  Actually, I'm trying to find the date of a Dragon Gate match.  I KNOW I have the dvd in my stack, but there was a big cluster tag match in late 04(possibly early 05) that had Magnum TOKYO in it.  The reason I'm looking for this, is because he brought back his original music for the entrance, and had the opposing team do the dance with him(of course).  Any help would be aces.