DVDVR Message Board

Purotopia General Discussion: 2016 Edition

Kevin Wilson

I realize you mean Abdullah The Butcher's House of Ribs but now I just picture Arya Stark referring to herself as "A Butcher". "A butcher has lamb shanks on sale, 1.49 a pound. Can a butcher get you some lamb shanks?"

James

• Like 1

Holy shit, that final match was amazing. 

Spoiler

Austin wanted more selling? Howzabout Ospreay doing half the match on one leg. Also the best Taguchi match I've EVER seen. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rzombie1988 said:

Can't figure out why when I would have had him challenging Okada/Naito and being a top star. My only guess is injury concerns.

Not to sound mean but isn't the issue that he isn't very good? I mean I can't think of a single standout match of Yoshi Tatsu. And to build him up he'd have to defeat 'name' wrestlers which may not be the path they want to take with an almost 39 somewhat broken wrestler with average wrestling skills.

2 hours ago, Kevin Wilson said:

Not to sound mean but isn't the issue that he isn't very good? I mean I can't think of a single standout match of Yoshi Tatsu. And to build him up he'd have to defeat 'name' wrestlers which may not be the path they want to take with an almost 39 somewhat broken wrestler with average wrestling skills.

He did some good stuff in WWECW, but atleast WWE wise, he was never given a chance to shine, just like here.

I think he has been in enough matches to shine, he just hasn't shone. Someone wrestling as long as him would have had good matches even by accident but if a wrestler hasn't has a very memorable/great match in a 14 year career they probably don't have it in them. Which is fine, the world needs midcard wrestlers and comedy wrestlers and enhancement talent, but I don't think he has been held back. I think if he had shown anything more to WWE and now New Japan they would have pushed him. Just my opinion of course, I've just never seen much from him and New Japan apparently hasn't either.

Yoshi Tatsu peaked working with Tyson Kidd in NXT, I think.  And let's be honest here, that may have had quite a bit more to do with how great Tyson Kidd was at that time.  He also seems to be either wrestling too cautiously or is a few steps slower after returning from his neck injury, probably a little bit of both.  New Japan clearly noticed and have slotted him accordingly.  Anyway, it's not that he's not talented, he's just not main event talented, and even less so now.  I wish the guy well, but it's hard for me to see it any other way.    

Maybe they're afraid yoshitatsu will re-injure his neck?  According to cagematch, he hasn't had a singles match since he returned.  His only singles match in 2016 was in APW (CA) vs. Joey Ryan,

I'm not sure rehabbing a broken neck to come back and team with Captain New Japan is worth it.  Though he did hold the NEVER six-man title with Tanahasi and Elgin for a bit.