DVDVR Message Board

Purotopia General Discussion: 2016 Edition

Kevin Wilson

It's not as if he vastly improved or anything. He was massively overpushed right out of the gate and didn't have much of a personality.

Yep, pretty much the same matches minus the knee, but I thought he was good then. Just more flash with the personality. I remember the Nakasucka and Nakaborea names being thrown around here.

I'd say he's way better at building drama in his matches, particularly during the finishing stretch. His selling, pacing, body language, and fighting from the top have improved enormously. It's only natural that it happened but I find it off the mark to say he didn't make pretty large leaps in his abilities over the year outside of finding that magical charisma.

Yea New Japan's phase of doing 60 minute matches didn't do anyone any favors, and trying to make Nakamura into something he wasn't. Plus he found a personality/gained charisma at some point which helped along with just gaining normal experience over the years.

• 2 weeks later...

Allegedly he's going through some legit family trouble, All Japan said he could come back when he wants, but Akiyama turned right around a tweeted an apology to Kobashi for wasting the color or on Keiichi, so I don't know what to believe. He'll probably just pop up following behind his idol Kotaro Suzuki.

...and Keiichi Sato just resurfaced in Wrestle-1.

Must suck to be Jun Akiyama right now.

The CC blocks look fun and indy-tastic (credit puroresuspirit.net):

A BLOCK: Kento Miyahara, Naoya Nomura, The Bodyguard [FREE], Daisuke Sekimoto [bJW], Jun Akiyama, Kengo Mashimo [K-DOJO] & Super Tiger [RJPW]

B BLOCK: Zeus, Yutaka Yoshie [FREE], Takao Omori, Jake Lee, Hideyoshi Kamitani [bJW], Ryoji Sai [LAND’S END], Joe Doering

Was hoping for Okabayashi (and Ishikawa and Hoshitango), but Sekimoto, Mashimo, and Sai are all solid (last I checked). Glad to see Doering back. I haven't seen Super Tiger or Kamitani--any good?

Not sure which looks better--this, or BJ's "strong climb" singles tournament.

I haven't seen Super Tiger or Kamitani--any good?

Kamitani is your generic Big Japan STRONG dude so his inclusion is definitely a good thing. I love Super Tiger II but I have no idea how he'll wrestle in All Japan. I loved him in Battlarts and IGF.

I remember hearing towards the end of last year that Nakanishi, Nagata, and Tencozy were going to All Japan for a while. Is that still happening? If Nagata wins the TC, would he be the first guy to hold the IWGP, GHC, and TC titles?

I remember hearing towards the end of last year that Nakanishi, Nagata, and Tencozy were going to All Japan for a while. Is that still happening? If Nagata wins the TC, would he be the first guy to hold the IWGP, GHC, and TC titles?

Kensuke Sasaki and Takayama have already done that.

Allegedly he's going through some legit family trouble, All Japan said he could come back when he wants, but Akiyama turned right around a tweeted an apology to Kobashi for wasting the color or on Keiichi, so I don't know what to believe. He'll probably just pop up following behind his idol Kotaro Suzuki.

...and Keiichi Sato just resurfaced in Wrestle-1.

Must suck to be Jun Akiyama right now.

Nailed it...

March is going to be fun in All Japan though...

3/12

Shuji Ishikawa vs. Jake Lee

Atsushi Aoki & Hikaru Sato vs. Atsushi Maruyama & Masashi Takeda

Kento Miyahara vs. Naoya Nomura

Jun Akiyama, Zeus & The Bodyguard vs. Daisuke Sekimoto, Yuji Okabayashi & Daichi Hashimoto

3/13

Jun Akiyama vs. Hikaru Sato

Atsushi Aoki & Naoya Nomura vs. Atsushi Murayama & Masashi Takeda

Zeus & Yuma Aoyagi vs. Kazuki Hashimoto & Daichi Hashimoto 

Kento Miyahara & Jake Lee vs. Takao Omori & Kiyoshi Tamura

3/19

Yohei Nakajima vs. Tatsuhiko Yoshino

Masanobu Fuchi & Gabaichi-chan (?) vs. SUSHI*Kozou & Antonio Honda

SUSHI & Kentaro Shiga (could be wrong) vs. Shigehiro Irie & Keisuke Ishii

Naoya Nomura vs. Yutaka Yoshie

Zeus & Yuma Aoyagi vs. Shuji Ishikawa & Hoshitango

Jun Akiyama & Takao Omori vs. Kento Miyahara & Jake Lee