DVDVR Message Board

Purotopia General Discussion: 2016 Edition

Kevin Wilson

AJ/Nak leaving will force NJPW to do something fresh in the upper card, which is something they've needed for 2-3 years now. Hopefully. It might just mean more Ishii/Shibata and Tanahashi/Okada matches.

• Like 1

Unlike Alberto del Rio, I'm sure Nakamura isn't a complete and utter asshole, who will just leave with the belt.

About that....

Yeah, I didn't see that coming, but I don't think it was up to Nakamura.

Maybe they didn't want the title match on NJPW/CMLL Fantastica Mania tour, because the match doesn't fit the theme of the tour? Maybe they tried to get him for a last appearance for the 2/14 show, but WWE wouldn't allow it? Who knows.

AJPW can't catch a break.

Newly crowned Triple Crown champion Suwama is injured and the title is vacant.

Dang. The decision match is Miyahara vs Zeus. I'm guessing Miyahara--don't see them putting the major tag and singles titles on Zeus.

AJPW can't catch a break.

Newly crowned Triple Crown champion Suwama is injured and the title is vacant.

Dang. The decision match is Miyahara vs Zeus. I'm guessing Miyahara--don't see them putting the major tag and singles titles on Zeus.

Yeah, it's gotta be Miyahara.  Zeus will be better off chasing the title, and hopefully further improve along the way.  It could be a solid long-term story if they play it right.  

You know, as irrational as this may sound, recently I've pretty much given up on offering praise to All Japan on this board, as I somehow feel that by doing so, I'm further jinxing them somehow.  

Am I alone in thinking they would be better off putting the belt on Zeus? He's not much greener than Miyahara and he has the charisma and star factor that Miyahara really lacks. Miyahara strikes me as a very capable young guy in the mold of the older generation's top guys...bits of Misawa, Mutoh, Kobashi and Kensuke Sasaki mixed together but he comes across bland the way KAI and Seiya Sanada do in W-1. Zeus may be goofy but he's something different and more WWE-inspired than most top Japanese heavyweights. They can always go back to Miyahara a year later, but giving Zeus a surprise megapush might be a one-time-only deal. For every Diesel that kinda flopped there's a Goldberg or Brock success story to argue for. 

You should keep offering it EO, they desperately need something positive. This totally ruins Miyahara's moment at Sumo Hall this November though. That and Keiichi Sato quit, and he was pretty damn good too.

Didn't Sato only start in like November?

Allegedly he's going through some legit family trouble, All Japan said he could come back when he wants, but Akiyama turned right around a tweeted an apology to Kobashi for wasting the color or on Keiichi, so I don't know what to believe. He'll probably just pop up following behind his idol Kotaro Suzuki.

DDT "KEISUKE ISHII PRODUCE ~ NEW YEAR! MOMOIRO KNEEL KICK 2016~", 23.01.2016 
Tokorozawa Citizen Gymnasium Subarena 
482 Fans - Super No Vacancy 

6. All Asia Tag Team Title: Isami Kodaka & Yuko Miyamoto © besiegen Keisuke Ishii & Shigehiro Irie (20:39) nach dem Isamuashi-Zan von Kodaka gegen Ishii (1st defense). 

Assuming everybody brought their working shoes to this one then i smell MOTYC. 

I know there's a subforum for match sharing, but I'm having a hard time finding good puro downloads, and Ditch hasn't updated his site in a year. Where are all you reviewer types getting your ZERO1/BJW/AJPW type matches?

I know there's a subforum for match sharing, but I'm having a hard time finding good puro downloads, and Ditch hasn't updated his site in a year. Where are all you reviewer types getting your ZERO1/BJW/AJPW type matches?

veoh and rutube

see:

www.voicesofwrestling.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=236

Options are definitely getting limited. I still use dailymotion, but do to the copyright sweeps I have to keep the videos private and keep a master list on my website. In the ideal world the puro uploaders would do the same, just have a website like Ditch that has private DM links to matches on it, but they are doing it the way they feel is best.

Most events end up on XWT, if you're a torrenting kinda guy.