DVDVR Message Board

Purotopia General Discussion: 2016 Edition

Kevin Wilson

He'll use his new business degree or whatever he went back to school for to buy out every fed not named NJPW, NOAH, DDT or DG and cherry-pick the best 40-50 guys from it to form a permanent roster. Then immediately after he will form 120 splinter sub-feds to bring back the status quo.

so kento and suwama have won the real tag league after beating big guns in a decesion match n the young lions have all joined groups aoygi has joined either akiyama or kenso depending on stuff ive seen with nomura joining evolution and jake lee n kento forming a new group also. great to see the new young lions starting there pushes theyve been coming along nicely all year. despite everything i think ajpw realy had been pretty good all year inring n theres always hope.

the booking on the final was so dumb. Big Guns beat Evolution to TIE for first place, then immediately a rematch begins to determine the "tiedbreaker"?? Uhhh correct me if im wrong but if theyre tied following a win for Zeus and the BG that means the winners are Zeus and BG. durrrrr.......

so Tokyo Sports released Tokyo Sports awards 2015. and the winners are :

Tokyo Sports awards 2015:

â—† Most Valuable Player Award (MVP): Kazuchika Okada

â—† MOTY: 11.15 Tenryu project Ryogoku Kokugikan - Genichiro Tenryu vs. Kazuchika Okada

â—† Best tag team Award: Chigusa Nagayo & Atsushi Onita (First time ever Mixed Tag Team)

â—† Distinguished Service Award: Minoru Suzuki

â—† Fighting Spirit Award: Okabayashi Yuji

â—† Skill Award: Tomoaki Honma

â—†Rookie Award: None

â—† Achievement Award: Genichiro Tenryu

â—† Joshi Award: Io Shirai

shocked? that is all...

I think people put too much stock in the Tokyo Sports Awards. They are fun to look at but they never are legit, they like to go with what is popular or different. Clearly the tag team of the year is the super bizarre one this year, no way is that justified, but they love them some Onita.

I am still sad that WWE never did their global developmental plan and add WWE Japan to the chaos of the Japan scene.

I always wondered about that. Remember it being heavily rumoured back in the early 2000s and it seemed like a great idea

I might be biased but Naoya Nomura or Yuma Aoyagi could have taken the Rookie Award and it would have been totally believable.

Edit.. apparently the voting went like this for the Rookie Award.

None: 8 Votes
Naoya Nomura [AJPW]: 5 Votes

Chihiro Hashimoto [sENDAI GIRLS]: 3 Votes
Shotaro Ashino [WRESTLE-1]: 2 Votes
Kazusada Higuchi [DDT]: 1 Vote

I think the winner has to amass at least 12 votes to take the category.

• Like 1

DDT is starting to take down stuff off of youtube. I had a review of Okada/Ibushi, which had one total screenshot with me talking over it and they took it off for copyright infringement. Pretty stupid, IMO. Uploads of full DDT shows? OK. Full DDT matches? No problem. One screenshot? GONE. I don't really care and it's not worth fighting, but it's pretty stupid.

So All Japan will be holding their newcomer tryouts on 12/23, one of the hopefuls has been tweeting about his road there for a solid month. His name is Jun Sado and works out at Zeus' gym in Osaka. He really wants to join All Japan and said it would change his life, so hopefully he makes it.https://twitter.com/Jun_Odou

well, best luck for him. in other news, Japanese government's had a plan to cease production of light tubes (and to stop imports of light tubes) by 2020 goes ahead, and the impact on deathmatches.

news.livedoor.com/article/detail/10968162/

Looking at the results from one of those "FMW" shows from his weekend. Holy crap was there a lot of names I haven't seen in forever. Hisakatsu Oya, Hi69, Gosaku Goshagawara and The Headhunters. I had no idea the Headhunters were still active. I thought one of them had to retire due to diabetes or something?

SPOILER alert from today's Zero One show: 

6. NWA International Lightweight Tag Team Title: Shinjiro Otani & Tatsuhito Takaiwa © besiegen Koji Kanemoto & Minoru Tanaka w1.jpg (29:31) nach einer Death Valley Bomb von Takaiwa gegen Kanemoto.  

Whether or not this match was any good, im impressed these four can still do 30 minutes. intrigued to check it out. 

The reign of terror in NOAH has ended. Everything is good with the world again! Except Sugiura is now Suzuki-Gun and Marufuji's next challenger.

I kept meaning to watch the Suzuki GHC matches. What of his reign was worth watching?

The reign of terror in NOAH has ended. Everything is good with the world again! Except Sugiura is now Suzuki-Gun and Marufuji's next challenger.

I kept meaning to watch the Suzuki GHC matches. What of his reign was worth watching?

:(

They are all worthwhile. I kept plugging them in the Internet matches of the year thread, but I knew nobody was watching.

Suzuki is actually one of my top three wrestlers of this year, alongside Zack Sabre Jr. and Roderick Strong.

Suzuki vs. Sugiura is a legit MOTYC in my opinion, even Suzuki vs. Takayama was amazing considering how broken down Takayama is.

• Like 1

If Takayama was willing to let him hit him in the head and vice versa, it would be good enough. Worked in that match they had that Suzuki Produce years back.