DVDVR Message Board

2013-2014 COLLEGE BASKETBALL THREAD

RIPPA

LA SALLE UPDATE --

Our pre-conference season was UGH. We went from starting the year as a hopeful Top 25 team to one hovering around .500. However, our best player (PG Tyreke Duren) was suffering from plantar fasciatis (however you spell it) and a few other players were banged up. They've gotten healthy and have turned it around the past stretch and are now 8 for their last 10 -- with the losses coming on the road to Villanova and Miami. They started the conference schedule 3-0, which includes a win over a really friggin' good George Washington team. YOUR Explorers are now 10-6.

Our final non-conference game of the season is Saturday. It's against crosstown foe Temple at The Palestra and is kicking off ESPN Gameday's schedule. It's going to be completely insane. The La Salle allotment sold out the day they went on sale and are snatching up the remaining Temple tix at a really rapid pace.

Palestra games are THE BEST. It really can't be expressed how awesome a place it is to watch basketball. 7,000 seats and all of them somehow the best in the house. The place just also captures sound and energy unlike any other indoor arena I've ever been to. I really can't wait.

As a Valley man, I'm totally crushing on Wizzu going Super Beast Mode this season... love the visual today with the Roundhouse in gold/black. Zim has to be totally enjoying this shit too.

• Like 1

As a Valley man, I'm totally crushing on Wizzu going Super Beast Mode this season... love the visual today with the Roundhouse in gold/black. Zim has to be totally enjoying this shit too.

Fuck yeah.  On the one hand it's not surprising because they've been on an upward trajectory for years, but on the other hand Jesus Christ 19-0?  That is crazy talk.  My only disappointment is that they won't be playing Creighton this year because that would be a war.

Yeah - Kansas is the most talented team in the country. Now, they've had plenty of talented teams in the past and still failed to win it all but this team is special. I'd say it's better than any of the Kentucky all-freshmen teams we've seen in recent history. The one concern is Wiggins tendency to float through games and that they are inexperienced (March is madness, etc).

I don't see how Embiid isn't the top pick right now. TOO much upside.

Yeah - Kansas is the most talented team in the country. Now, they've had plenty of talented teams in the past and still failed to win it all but this team is special. I'd say it's better than any of the Kentucky all-freshmen teams we've seen in recent history. The one concern is Wiggins tendency to float through games and that they are inexperienced (March is madness, etc).

I don't see how Embiid isn't the top pick right now. TOO much upside.

LOL.

I bet you won't say that in March. No disrespect to Kansas or their fans, but this team isn't as good as the '12 UK team. They have maybe 4 NBA players, the '12 team had 6-7, returned 3 key players from a Final Four team and were an Indiana buzzer beater away from a perfect regular season. Win the title and then maybe we can talk.

It's not a joke, but the probability of getting a perfect bracket is something like 7.6 quintillion to one. Shit, if you can make it through the first DAY with your bracket intact, you're better than 99% of the public.

I got through the first day perfect once. That's probably the greatest achievement of my life. Of course, I didn't come anywhere close to winning my pool.

It's not a joke, but the probability of getting a perfect bracket is something like 7.6 quintillion to one. Shit, if you can make it through the first DAY with your bracket intact, you're better than 99% of the public.

Well it goes without saying I'm not going to win but that's no kind of goddamn reason not to enter!

Well it goes without saying I'm not going to win but that's no kind of goddamn reason not to enter!

All I need is a damn time machine. . . .

Just flipped over to Illinois/Iowa and my jaw dropped at how small the crowd is. Seriously, I've been following the Illini for the better part of 30 years and that's the most empty seats I've ever seen at the Hall. Depressing.

Marcus Smart just went after a fan at the end of the Oklahoma State/Texas Tech game.

Just saw a video, yeah he's going to get some time off I think. . . 

Probably, but it's being reported that the fan (who's apparently a psychotic superfan) called him something that rhymes with chigger.

The fan admits he said something he "shouldn't have" though he denies it was vulgar or that specific word. Time shall tell... not that it would make Smart any less dumb for going after a fan.

EDIT: supposedly he told Smart to "go back to Africa." Yeeeaaah...