DVDVR Message Board

2013-2014 COLLEGE BASKETBALL THREAD

RIPPA

William & Mary loses in the CAA Championship game still remains one of 5 Division I schools to never make the tournament

Army lost in the Patriot semis so they are also done. Same with St Francis (NY) who were out in the Northeast semis

The Citadel was 7-26 this year

So the lone school with a chance to make it this year - Northwestern. So I guess miracle Big Ten Tournament run here we come!

Not sure where you got that only 5 D1 schools have never gone dancing... there's a bunch more.

That's what the said on the radio this AM... and then I confirmed it with an ESPN story

So there clearly has to be another qualifier that makes the two lists different

EDIT - AH-HA! The 5 teams I mentioned are the only ORIGINAL NCAA schools to never make the tournament

As the tourney prepares for its 75th tip-off this month, the Terriers and their four mates -- Northwestern, Army, The Citadel and William & Mary -- have had 75 chances, but are a combined 0-for-375. 

Though the tournament has expanded from eight teams in its inaugural year of 1939 to 68 today, the un-Fab Five are the only original Division I teams left out of step with the Big Dance. 

Andrew Wiggins gets buckets.

This KU team is toast without Embiid, though.  They need his scoring and, particularly, his defense.  None of the other interior players are anywhere close to his level on help defense and stopping the drive.

Fun fact: Alabama did not win a road or neutral court game all season.  Not one.

To get a team out of the state of Rhode Island into the NCAAs, all it took was a decade where the BCS becoming the major industry of all of higher education, every BCS conference shifting towards a superconference format, every school shuffling their conference affiliations from place to place over a period of years over getting their football team into the best possible place to have a chance at a national title, whether or not they're primarily a football school, and finally the Big East, the premiere basketball conference, splitting into two and leaving the basketball-only schools as the football schools formed the American.

TOTALLY WORTH IT.

Should I be perturbed that Chris Webber is doing a Burger King commercial in a Michigan jersey given how he still to this day won't acknowledge anything

VCU vs Stephen F Austin sounds really intriguing 

Louisville as a 4 seed is a complete :blink:  to me.  They have been really hot 

What is a Chanticleer from Coastal Carolina?

Hey Wichita State, here's a #1 seed. Your reward? Kentucky in round 2. Ho-lee shit. 

If the NCAA tournament was booked better, they would have put Gonzaga/OSU in the same bracket at Wichita State, to set up "revenge" for last season in round 2. Tough draw for Gonzaga, thought they were going to be in the 7 line. 

Duke over Louisville was some bullshit. Also bullshit? Virginia as a #1 seed.

One more piece of bullshit: Michigan State wins the Big 10 tournament, gets sent out to Spokane as a #4 seed for the first weekend. 

Games I am looking forward to in the first round: Ohio State/Dayton, Oklahoma/North Dakota State, and Cincinnati/Harvard. 

I'm really at a loss as to how a team ranked in the top 25 can not be selected for the tournament. I don't care about SMU one way or another and scheduling be damned but if you're ranked in the top 25 you have to be in a 68 team tournament.

Dick Vitale looks like he has Jaundice. He has Christian's color tone tonight.