DVDVR Message Board

NHL - January 2015

RIPPA

If the sun today is anything like the sun yesterday it might be longer than that.  The sun was blinding driving on the beltway around 4 - 4:30 so I can't imagine it being good.   

Never understood why these games are on during the day except that they don't want to go head to head with the college bowl games

Yeah I'm not thrilled the Oilers are getting MORE PICKS. But at least it's a first round pick. And honestly that's as good a return as you're going to get for Perron. Pittsburgh clearly are aiming for that pick to be 30th overall. Plus there's the possibility the Oilers can still flip this pick again near the trade deadline. This part would actually require them to know what they're doing of course.

Perron seems like a good guy I hope he does well in Pittsburgh.

Putting the Perron trade in perspective, Pittsburgh's view:

Pittsburgh Penguins @penguins 25m25 minutes ago

Rutherford on trading a first-round pick: "I view it as a very good asset, but we also got a young player. He could be a here for 6-7 years"

I'll just be over here clutching onto empty dreams of the future.

Well tonight at MSG fucking sucked/was a waste of $51. The being a competitive NHL team thing was fun while it lasted, back to losing for ping pong balls. Wanted to strangle the Rags fans behind me crying about the officiating with a 5-0 lead (and 3 of those came on the PP). We play in Newark Tuesday, same day this area is supposed to get a storm so I just pray Metro North RR isn't all fucked up.

Went to Sabres last two games and saw them lose twice by a combined 10-2 score. I knew things were going to be shit tonight when I saw two of our players break their sticks during warmups. Seen plenty of warmups but have never seen that before. Reminded me of Sabres-Flyers playoff game from 2011 where a Flyer shattered the glass taking a shot at a Sabre fan.

Oilers were hanging in there with Detroit then remembered they want McDavid or Eichel and took a horribly dumb spearing penalty late in the game to throw that away.

Jordan Eberle took a slap shot and you really can't blame Jimmy Howard for being so surprised that he had no reply.

Oilers were hanging in there with Detroit then remembered they want McDavid or Eichel and took a horribly dumb spearing penalty late in the game to throw that away.

Jordan Eberle took a slap shot and you really can't blame Jimmy Howard for being so surprised that he had no reply.

Yeah, that spear was a total WTF. Seemed to come without provocation and was...bang, right to the nuts.

Detroit dominated, Fasth played really well in net. Happy to see they eventually landed the W.

Fun stat from the game: Of 62 picks by Edmonton from the 2nd round or later since 2006, only 4 are presently in the NHL, only 2 on their roster, and 1 of those 2 is injured. Detroit, by contrast, who drafts much later in every round that Edmonton, has 5 from that same span in their lineup alone.

Canes 5 Sabres 2.  Hurricanes you're doing it wrong. #embracethetank

Once upon a time this used to be one of the best rivalries that the Canes had.  Now we're just racing to the bottom.  The Ducks are really lucky to escape the curse of '06.