DVDVR Message Board

JANUARY 2015 ANIMATED GIF THREAD

RIPPA

Just as I'm thinking about how the ring looks like death, this happens.

bXf7x2.gif

Ugh, flashbacks to a Northern Michigan indy show I went to years ago kicking in. They used a boxing ring. Sabu tried to do his springboard dive onto Brutus Beefcake. It didn't end well for Sabu, the ropes just sagged, he went splat on the floor, and Beefcake made zero effort to protect him on the way down.

Sure is.

Come to think of it, this is the first time I've seen Gotch doing a Gotch Lift.  Has anyone other than Backlund done that spot regularly?  I know Davey Boy did it once with Michaels.

Davey's done it a handful of times I can remember. Regal did it to Steamboat in their Fall Brawl 93 match. I'm pretty sure I've seen Jeff Cobb do it on the indies from time to time, and Thatcher has pulled it off a few times against Busick.

• Like 1

b5SXP9.gif

Lmao! Was hoping this would pop up, I love it. A highlight of Impact this week

The GIF kinda stalled when I loaded it and the end part skipped a little bit and it looked like he never said the word 'you' which would change the tone of this quite a bit...for the better.

• Like 2

Wasn't there a Great Sasuke missile dropkick to Liger from the 94 J Cup?  I remember him making contact and then just falling unceremoniously to the floor.  It look like it hurt Sasuke 900% more than Liger.

It was a Rider kick from the top to the outside. If you think that's dangerous, you should see some of the stuff he does nowadays.

Wasn't there a Great Sasuke missile dropkick to Liger from the 94 J Cup?  I remember him making contact and then just falling unceremoniously to the floor.  It look like it hurt Sasuke 900% more than Liger.

It was a Rider kick from the top to the outside. If you think that's dangerous, you should see some of the stuff he does nowadays.

For a guy who has literally cracked his skull like an egg, you'd think he'd think twice about doing some of that dumb shit.