DVDVR Message Board

JANUARY 2015 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

Apparently Rob Conway is in the hospital as he had to have an emergency appendectomy.

So he'll be able to no sell the Appendix Punch in his future matches.

Also, on Benoit.... Not to be too skeptical, but Benoits probably far from the last 90s guy who is going out of this life in a way that makes you wanna watch his matches less. Guessing there'll be some high profile guys who'll feel the brunt of a high impact style. (Some already have, Misawa). So enjoy some matches while you still can

Going back a bit, that website with all the Benoit "joke" shirts, what the fuck man? I mean maybe as an uneducated youth I would've laughed at something like that, but even still maybe not. God some people are just awful.

Agreed. I can watch Benoit matches but whoever made those shirts is being an asshole for the sake of being an asshole.

• Like 1

So, watching Benoit drop headbutts is uncomfortable. Is watching Foley get his head caved in probably EVERY match he's ever had A-OK, since he hasn't murdered anyone (yet)?

No. I have a hard time watching him, too. 

I get that everyone flat-back bumping is having CTE issues, but I find that I now have a really hard time watching guys like Foley, Jeff Hardy, or whoever go splat on concrete or take those headshots and falls that just don't look right and remind me that for the fact that this is a work, people sometimes work styles that are just brutal. 

Oddly, I enjoy watching guys get rocked in pro football still despite people like Jovan Belcher or Junior Seau, so clearly, I am an inconsistent person, and I do not judge anyone else on where they stand on the topic. 

I can't watch an Undertaker match without feeling guilty ever since I saw that pic of him and Michelle McCool in those corny ass shirts.  He must have done some major damage to his testicles since it looks like he had them removed and placed in McCool's purse for safe keeping.  

As long as he doesn't carry that purse for her for any amount of time, he can still be considered a real man.

I can't watch an Undertaker match without feeling guilty ever since I saw that pic of him and Michelle McCool in those corny ass shirts.  He must have done some major damage to his testicles since it looks like he had them removed and placed in McCool's purse for safe keeping.  

Go tell him that, or her for that matter.

• Like 1

Go tell him that, or her for that matter.

I think he would probably find it funny.  You know he is just a person right?  He is not a real zombie with magical powers.  

• Like 1

Or Kane gets counted out or disqualified, but Bryan's still out since he didn't "beat" Kane.

Motto:  Behold The King.  Behold the fast-forward button.

or they handcuff Bryan to the ring post and he gets counted out. Ref doesn't suspect a thing in the process. Or evil ref Scott Armstrong works the match

Yeah a huge person much tougher than you. No offense but you are a wiener, we all are compared to him.

I do wonder why he would think a douche disrespecting him would be funny. 

Just because you put "no offense" in front of a statement doesn't mean you can go on after that to call them a douche & it be OK. Ain't you ever seen Talladega Nights? That's day one stuff.

They've already replaced him on house shows with the long awaited return of...

At least Tyler Breeze didn't get called up just to get stuck with Titus O'Neill. Sticking Breeze with Titus would have killed him before he got a chance. At least with Otunga and O'Neill, neither one are going to be moving up from where they currently are.

I choose not to watch Benoit matches because I'm reminded of the terrible crimes. I don't think anyone is a bad person if they can watch his matches. I can understand being able to separate the two but I can't. It's distracting.

I can watch Eddy matches though and often do. I recently watched Eddy vs. JBL again (the one with the crazy amount of blood loss) and it is still fucking great.

• Like 1