DVDVR Message Board

JANUARY 2015 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

Tying Show in the ropes is the best defense against the knockout punch. I've always asked, since he started using it as a finisher, why doesn't he just go around punching people in the head? I understand a lot of moves don't necessarily need a big set up, I get it "sports entertainment". He could atleast Always do his obnoxious scream/load up deal before it, or better yet always do it while his opponent is kneeling like those sick ones he have Mark Henry. I just found it ridiculous when he went toe to toe with Kane and stuck with body shots in the Rumble considering how great the WMD worked against others leading to eliminations. While I'm at it I was also bummed how Ambrose sold the choke slam like death ad was just dumped out as well. Isn't the choke slam his "secondary" finish, usually used as a near fall? I love wrest... er Sports entertainment!

The only way I can think of Show havinf a fun-to-watch heel run now is if someone injures his hand and he starts using a big fat hand wrap that he is clearly loading with a metal bar or brass knucks so that if he even taps you with it you're dead.

And then have Dolph or Bryan spend the whole match avoiding it while breaking him down.

Then he can go run his strip mall. I hear rumblings that the Sally Beauty Supply has shoot heat with the China Buffet.

• Like 3

Remember when Triple H was against Big Show and he smashed the giant's hand to bits so that Show couldnt hit the KO punch or the chokeslam?

Then Big Show went and got a 25lb cast on his hand and it just made him MORE dangerous.

Good times...

So, Mick Foley is in a national news story for stuffing wings into his fanny pack during a wings eating competition.

I would love for someone to put together one of those oral histories of fanny packs in wrestling.  

BrianS81177, said:snapback.png

"Never trust a man whose ass is wider than his shoulders" - Terry Funk

• Like 3

I can't think of anyone I wouldn't rather see than Big Show or Kane at this point.

Unless they're being tossed around by Brock, I can't think of any reason for them to have on screen roles. If hell exists, Big Show vs. Kane will be playing on an endless loop.

Well, you know who the devil will be rooting for.

Vice President indicates there is a higher power for the roster to take their issues to.

COO sounds like the be all end all.

Also I second the vote for Big Show and Kane getting into a Michael and Dwight from the Office type deal.

Have Show calling himself the Assistant Director of Operations while Kane corrects him as the Assistant TO the Director of Operations.

I think they actually did that joke with Teddy Long and Zack Ryder if I'm not mistaken.

They should have someone cut off his hand so he can't punch them. Then he gets a hook and they're really fucked

I'm really surprised no one in wrestling has tried to book a one handed wrestler specifically for this purpose.

I was always very disappointed that the Iron Duke Jim Mitchell (AWA) never used his lobsterhand as an offensive weapon, say a claw strike to he throat.

- RAF

I saw TNA last night and it wasn't completely terrible.  So I may start watching that and I'm already watching NJPW on AXS and Lucha Underground.  Then of course I've got Raw and it looks like Smackdown is on the upswing.  Not to mention local stuff like Booker T's promotion. 

I know it's a popular sentiment that wrestling on TV is dying or whatever, but I feel like there's more wrestling - and variety to the wrestling - on TV right now than there's been since I was a kid watching Mid-South, WCCW, all kinds of NWA stuff and WWF. 

And counting online stuff like ROH and NXT, there's way too much to watch every week.  It's fantastic.

• Like 1