DVDVR Message Board

JANUARY 2015 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

Does anyone know where "patient zero" for this Marc Mero motivational video going viral is? When it went viral at first earlier in the week I just kind of brushed it off, but today I saw it get posted on Facebook by my aunt and an older cousin, and I know damn well those two haven't heard of any other wrestlers besides Hulk Hogan. Just curious how this thing spread beyond minor curiosity to being posted by soccer moms all over social media.

It's a shame that Marc Mero is on the outs with WWE, both parties could be served well to capitalize by WWE handing over the "Be A Star" campaign to Mero, making him the face of it, and running with it.

It's a shame that Marc Mero is on the outs with WWE, both parties could be served well to capitalize by WWE handing over the "Be A Star" campaign to Mero, making him the face of it, and running with it.

"Oh, because he didn't make enough money already?????" - Mick Foley & Steve Austin

• Like 4

how do you freshen him up without either having him go away or having him be more heelish vs some guys.

not that giving him a new outfit is a bad idea, but that only does so much.

WWE isn't going to change its booking, but they can change the stale presentation. Cena should probably come out to new music, have new moves, wear different gear. He can be booked the same but just changing the aesthetics will do a lot.

I haven't listened to any of them, but you'd think they'd atleast consider a track or two he did with Wiz Khalifa from the 2K15 soundtrack. It's gotta be better than what he has now. It was cool at first, but now it's just outdated and boring.

Not that I want to hear Wiz every week, though. Cena is a decent rapper, just let him make a new theme song ffs.

Does anyone know where "patient zero" for this Marc Mero motivational video going viral is? When it went viral at first earlier in the week I just kind of brushed it off, but today I saw it get posted on Facebook by my aunt and an older cousin, and I know damn well those two haven't heard of any other wrestlers besides Hulk Hogan. Just curious how this thing spread beyond minor curiosity to being posted by soccer moms all over social media.

What video? Got a link? I just saw one of him giving a speech and making everyone cry.

Mero would be a very good Be A Star motivational speaker- he is already doing it. Natalie, Roman Reigns, etc. only show up when WWE forces them to and when cameras are around. Mero is the real deal.

"Oh, because he didn't make enough money already?????" - Mick Foley & Steve Austin

Big Show agrees to.

What video? Got a link? I just saw one of him giving a speech and making everyone cry.

Mero would be a very good Be A Star motivational speaker- he is already doing it. Natalie, Roman Reigns, etc. only show up when WWE forces them to and when cameras are around. Mero is the real deal.

It's the same video. At last count it was up to 6 million view on YouTube and 13 million views on Facebook. We talk about "Iron Sheik - Youtube sensation" but this has gone way further than that at this point.

Cena has spent the last several months being a third wheel in the Ambrose/Rollins feud, and now a third wheel in the Brock/Rollins and Authority feud. The guy seems more out of place and out dated by the day.

Tessa Blanchard and Mary Dobson, among others, are getting tryouts this weekend in Orlando. Yay!

i've wondered how Blanchard hasn't been picked up already. Hope she has a good tryout...

I always thought his shoot interview was underrated.

Worth listening to just for the story about his ex-cop dad

Inviting all of his police buddies over to watch his ppv debut as

Johnny B Badd and Michael Jackson telling him he liked his outfits at an awards show where everyone thought he was really black.

You guys aren't watching Total Divas. Frat douche Cena is RIGHT THERE. I would watch him every week.

haven't had a good frat stable in awhile. Kappa Nu Alpha. KNA.

You can take Zack Ryder out of the storage closet he's kept in to be part of Cena's frat douche stable.

You guys aren't watching Total Divas. Frat douche Cena is RIGHT THERE. I would watch him every week.

You can take Zack Ryder out of the storage closet he's kept in to be part of Cena's frat douche stable.

Brad Maddox has experience in frat douche stables

Brad Maddox has experience in frat douche stables

Cena, Ryder, Brad Maddox and a returning Drew Mac as some sort of frat douche stable would get all of the likes from me. Add Ryback as Ogre and the money just rolls in.

Cena, Ryder, Brad Maddox and a returning Drew Mac as some sort of frat douche stable would get all of the likes from me. Add Ryback as Ogre and the money just rolls in.

Ryback as Ogre is our best option these days? Fuck....

I originally read that as Ryder as Ogre, which prompted the comment, but noticed that it said Ryback when I responded. I changed it, but I guess Ryback would actually be a decent Ogre.

Basically, fuck me, I'm drunk, ignore what I say.

Also, Forty Creek is just a great, great rye.