DVDVR Message Board

JANUARY 2015 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

Russo was a decent on-air talent so maybe he's just there for that.

Oh yeah, he's definitely only there as a character, not in any other capacity.

Looking around German message boards most seem to think it was only a one-time appearance. The people who were there seem to have atually liked it, so what do I know?

I think the rumor after Wrestlemania was that last year really was supposed to be Casaro's year and Cesaro was supposed to beat Lesnar at Summerslam. Of course Cesaro forgot to grab the brass ring, so that fell flat.

That just sounds like wishful thinking.  He was only put with Heyman to give Heyman a reason to be on TV so he could talk about Brock Lesnar.  Vince McMahon has always thought Cesaro was boring.

Honestly, I think he's slotted right where he should be.  Top of the bottom, middle of the card.  He's technically sound and can work with anybody but the people in the building don't care about him at all and he doesn't move any numbers.  He's a good utility guy not a main event player.

• Like 1

Perhaps crowds would care if WWE played to Claudio's strengths. Let him show off his incredible strength and his likeable personality. WWE fans like to chant along with YES and We the people, so let Claudio use the "HEY" chant. The guy is made to be a babyface. Outside of winning the Andre battle royal, WWE has done nothing to make people care or given him anything to work with.

I think the rumor after Wrestlemania was that last year really was supposed to be Casaro's year and Cesaro was supposed to beat Lesnar at Summerslam. Of course Cesaro forgot to grab the brass ring, so that fell flat.

That just sounds like wishful thinking. He was only put with Heyman to give Heyman a reason to be on TV so he could talk about Brock Lesnar. Vince McMahon has always thought Cesaro was boring.

Honestly, I think he's slotted right where he should be. Top of the bottom, middle of the card. He's technically sound and can work with anybody but the people in the building don't care about him at all and he doesn't move any numbers. He's a good utility guy not a main event player.

Heresy! Burn this witch! (No offense) All kidding aside though, Cesaro, left to his own devices, could be over like rover in no time. He has a ton of unusual charisma, his feats of strength are amazing, an he has shown in the past an inate ability to connect with a crowd. He just needs a hands off, do your thing approach. Yes I know the likelyhood of that happening, but they are burning money here.

WWE has two full time main event draws. (Cena/Bryan) One got his main event push a decade ago. The other was handed to WWE on a silver platter and they still tried their hardest to screw it up.

It's so easy to get into a back and forth about someone like a Cesaro. Just keep in mind that it isn't just Cesaro who cant take that next step, it's the entire roster.

Even the most heavily pushed guys like a Rollins or a Reigns don't get the reactions youd associate with their pushes.

So either this entire generation of wrestlers stink or the decision makers have no idea how to create draws..

Usually when one gets the whole fucking crowd popping for his shit like Cesaro did with the swing the logical thing is to turn the guy face. He was stripped of all the tools that made him unique (including that fucking awesome entrance music). The Booking of Cesaro post Mania is bizarre, maybe the worst booking of a talent since.. I dunno.

I'm in a very very slim minority but I like Vince Russo's eccentric bullshit and find him pretty entertaining.

Wrestling Observer is reporting that Tough Enough will be returning to the USA network. The format is a little different in which the contestants are individuals signed by the WWE, but have not yet appeared on television.

EDIT: Apparently I cannot link directly to the story, but it's on the front page of the observer site.

Good news for Solomon Crowe!

The only time I felt a Lesnar match was bullshit was when they had CM Punk pretty much going toe to toe with him. It looked weird and as a result the match is my least favorite in Brock's recent run.

Match of the year.

I have to assume it is the only match you watched that year?

• Like 3

The only time I felt a Lesnar match was bullshit was when they had CM Punk pretty much going toe to toe with him. It looked weird and as a result the match is my least favorite in Brock's recent run.

Match of the year.

I have to assume it is the only match you watched that year?

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

god forbid someone likes a match that you didn't, right?