DVDVR Message Board

JANUARY 2015 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

If it was real life, 

Then wrestling would just be Harley Race, Haku, Kurt Angle, Finlay, Regal, Shelton Benjamin, Brock Lesnar, Bart Gunn and Steve Blackman trading the title back and forth between each other.

They should really just turn him face already. It's such an obvious fucking solution.

double-turn, leading to endless Miz/Tyson Kidd v. Cesaro/Sandow matches

I dont know if you're kidding around or not, but that, to me, actually sounds fuckin tremendous

yeah, Cesaro/Sandow could be a good tag team pairing. Consolidate two recent victims of creative in one team

Oh shit, apparently Vince Russo showed up at a wXw show in Germany yesterday and revealed himself as some kind of authority figure.

He also put on a referee shirt in the main event and helped some guy win their main title.

When is wrestling ever gonna get rid of that guy?

Oh shit, apparently Vince Russo showed up at a wXw show in Germany yesterday and revealed himself as some kind of authority figure.

He also put on a referee shirt in the main event and helped some guy win their main title.

He'll be gone once he gets it in his mind that "sieg heiling" would make great heel heat, bro.

JBL is one thing; some scrawny bitch bastard at a European indy (read: not WWE) show with sympathetic security is quite another.

I think the rumor after Wrestlemania was that last year really was supposed to be Casaro's year and Cesaro was supposed to beat Lesnar at Summerslam. Of course Cesaro forgot to grab the brass ring, so that fell flat.

Cesaro turning babyface and challenging Brock at a fall pay per view was such a huge missed opportunity and something that I thought was certain to happen with how strong Cesaro was being booked after Wrestlemania .  With all those 6 month subscriptions that were ending at the time, Cesaro vs. Lesnar would have been a matchup that popped the internet fanbase to re-up their subs.

He'll be gone once he gets it in his mind that "sieg heiling" would make great heel heat, bro.

JBL is one thing; some scrawny bitch bastard at a European indy (read: not WWE) show with sympathetic security is quite another.

"Nobody cares about German wrestlers, bro."

When people stop talking about him everytime he does anything.

• Like 1

When people stop talking about him everytime he does anything.

Or when he does try the sieg heiling thing again and gets a nice stay in a German prison.

After watching a couple videos of him, here's what he needs to improve:

1. His look/gear. Dude wants to be Bruiser Brody but dresses like Bargain basement Diesel. Ditch the pants and singlet, work on the upper body and buy some goddamn furry boots!

2. He needs to lay in his strikes.

3. Dude needs some gravel in his voice.

Russo was a decent on-air talent so maybe he's just there for that.

Oh yeah, he's definitely only there as a character, not in any other capacity.

Looking around German message boards most seem to think it was only a one-time appearance. The people who were there seem to have atually liked it, so what do I know?

I think the rumor after Wrestlemania was that last year really was supposed to be Casaro's year and Cesaro was supposed to beat Lesnar at Summerslam. Of course Cesaro forgot to grab the brass ring, so that fell flat.

That just sounds like wishful thinking.  He was only put with Heyman to give Heyman a reason to be on TV so he could talk about Brock Lesnar.  Vince McMahon has always thought Cesaro was boring.

Honestly, I think he's slotted right where he should be.  Top of the bottom, middle of the card.  He's technically sound and can work with anybody but the people in the building don't care about him at all and he doesn't move any numbers.  He's a good utility guy not a main event player.

• Like 1

Perhaps crowds would care if WWE played to Claudio's strengths. Let him show off his incredible strength and his likeable personality. WWE fans like to chant along with YES and We the people, so let Claudio use the "HEY" chant. The guy is made to be a babyface. Outside of winning the Andre battle royal, WWE has done nothing to make people care or given him anything to work with.

That just sounds like wishful thinking. He was only put with Heyman to give Heyman a reason to be on TV so he could talk about Brock Lesnar. Vince McMahon has always thought Cesaro was boring.

Honestly, I think he's slotted right where he should be. Top of the bottom, middle of the card. He's technically sound and can work with anybody but the people in the building don't care about him at all and he doesn't move any numbers. He's a good utility guy not a main event player.

Heresy! Burn this witch! (No offense) All kidding aside though, Cesaro, left to his own devices, could be over like rover in no time. He has a ton of unusual charisma, his feats of strength are amazing, an he has shown in the past an inate ability to connect with a crowd. He just needs a hands off, do your thing approach. Yes I know the likelyhood of that happening, but they are burning money here.