DVDVR Message Board

JANUARY 2015 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

Yeah, but it would be better if he loses next week and we get back to back years of Rey Mysterio coming out at #30 to a wall of boos though, amiright?

Have Bryan win this week and then have Kane break the record for most eliminations ever by eliminating Bryan or have someone take out Bryan before the Rumble and replace him in the match or have a random Bluetista appear and eliminate Bryan. There's tons of ways to troll the audience. Hell I'd have Tommy Dreamer make a one-off appearance and eliminate Bryan. Would be interesting to see how the Philly crowd would react to that one.

Wrestling Observer is reporting that Tough Enough will be returning to the USA network. The format is a little different in which the contestants are individuals signed by the WWE, but have not yet appeared on television.

EDIT: Apparently I cannot link directly to the story, but it's on the front page of the observer site.

Wrestling Observer is reporting that Tough Enough will be returning to the USA network. The format is a little different in which the contestants are individuals signed by the WWE, but have not yet appeared on television.

EDIT: Apparently I cannot link directly to the story, but it's on the front page of the observer site.

So, Performance Center guys who haven't made NXT, basically. Not a bad idea at all. Wonder if Chad Gable's loss to Breeze counts as "appeared on television" - he's perfect for that kind of show.

Yeah, but it would be better if he loses next week and we get back to back years of Rey Mysterio coming out at #30 to a wall of boos though, amiright?

Have Bryan win this week and then have Kane break the record for most eliminations ever by eliminating Bryan or have someone take out Bryan before the Rumble and replace him in the match or have a random Bluetista appear and eliminate Bryan. There's tons of ways to troll the audience. Hell I'd have Tommy Dreamer make a one-off appearance and eliminate Bryan. Would be interesting to see how the Philly crowd would react to that one.

If Big Dave is busy, since they are in Philly, Blue Meanie could play Bluetista, so the fans won't get mad when he tosses Bryan out of there.

So, Performance Center guys who haven't made NXT, basically. Not a bad idea at all. Wonder if Chad Gable's loss to Breeze counts as "appeared on television" - he's perfect for that kind of show.

Does Bu Ku Dao's appearance as "unnamed Asian jobber" count as an appearance on television?

• Like 1

SummerSlam at Fenway Park would be a lot of fun. I'd like to see the Green Monster incorporated into a pro wrestling set. 

ETA: I mistakenly put "WrestleMania" instead of "SummerSlam."

The idea of SummerSlam touring various classic baseball stadiums for a few years sounds like a pretty awesome idea, actually.

• Like 3

Does Bu Ku Dao's appearance as "unnamed Asian jobber" count as an appearance on television?

He was released last year.

As I sit here and drink a Nugget Nectar and watch New Japan World Pro Wrestling in HD on my tv, I'm thinking there's no real reason to keep watching RAW to get my wrestling fix. I'm hooked on the commentary alone. They got it right and are making me an instant believer.

• Like 2