DVDVR Message Board

JANUARY 2015 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

They've already replaced him on house shows with the long awaited return of...

At least Tyler Breeze didn't get called up just to get stuck with Titus O'Neill. Sticking Breeze with Titus would have killed him before he got a chance. At least with Otunga and O'Neill, neither one are going to be moving up from where they currently are.

I choose not to watch Benoit matches because I'm reminded of the terrible crimes. I don't think anyone is a bad person if they can watch his matches. I can understand being able to separate the two but I can't. It's distracting.

I can watch Eddy matches though and often do. I recently watched Eddy vs. JBL again (the one with the crazy amount of blood loss) and it is still fucking great.

• Like 1

I really hope Daniel Bryan changes his style because when he does the diving headbutt and the flat-back drop kick from the 3rd buckle- I keep thinking of what could possibly happen years from now as Daniel is already 'grandfathered-in' when it comes to concussions.

Yeah, you'd think guys would figure out how many necks that move has fucked up and just retire the move. I mean, I know a lot of moves cause wear and tear, but still....

So thinking about Heyman's promo from Monday night... He mentions how no man has ever been NCAA Heavyweight Champion, UFC Champion and WWE Champion.

It got me thinking - Was there ever a time when a Ken Shamrock title run would have made sense?

He'd been talked about as a Plan B when Bret wouldn't drop the belt to Michaels, but ultimately the screwjob would prove pretty beneficial, so it hindsight we can say it's good they didn't give it to him then. After that, it was mostly Austin/Rock/Foley/HHH until Shamrock left the company. I don't really see Shamrock as a good replacement for anyone in that picture.

Dave Meltzer is reporting that WWE is moving back to TV-14.

Word is The Game-aaah has wanted to do this for years-aaah only to have Daddy Steroids in Law shoot him down-ahhh. Well The Game-aaah is slowly being given more and more power-aaah and Geriatric Mega Pecs has finally told him they'll do it given the ratings the past few months have been shit and they believe making the change will possibly bring some older viewers back.

Meltzer says the change will come in the near future...meaning 2015-2016.

Meltzer is also saying that WWE is talking about counting on the former Shield members (still as singles competitors) to lead the new TV-14 programming.

I have been a DB fan since the first time I saw him wrestle, but if he got fat? Can't speak for anyone else, but he's immediately approximately 2000% more over with me

Oh, so if Daniel Bryan got fat that's fine, but when Chris Hero gets fat we're gonna mock him relentlessly.

• Like 1

I'd much rather watch a Benoit match than a Misawa match if we're talking about viewer guilt

Yeah really. I mean all you have to do is look at any of those head drop suplexes he'd take and realize each one put him a step closer to death. As for Bryan, If he must do the headbutt just save it for special moments. I was honestly surprised after the whole Benoit thing they even let him do it.

As for TV14, things aren't bad as they stand right now (lame promos aside). Just some blood in cage matches and street fights. It's all I ask. I think some people think if they go back to TV 14 then they'll be back to having the diva's in string bikini's and everyone cursing. The only thing they really do that's different now is no headshots with weapons. TV14 would mean they would probably get Nikki Bella a Playboy cover though. Other than that it would still be the same lame writing they've been doing for years now.

• Like 1