DVDVR Message Board

JANUARY 2015 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

I loved CZW right up until 2009ish, I dip in and out usually for Best of the Best, ToD and Cage of Death each year, the last I watched was Cage of Death 2013 which was pretty good. It had a great Drew Gulak v Chris Hero match and Chris Dickinson v Davey Richards was pretty good as well.

But Nick Gage coming back? Yeesh, the last thing that dude needs is more chair and light tube shots.

Maybe I'm in the minority, but people trumpeting the Savage-Stephanie rumors/innuendo as another thing that makes Savage an awesome dude rather than statutory rape (which, if you believe the rumors, it would almost certainly be) is weird to me.

• Like 1

if it happened after September 24th 1994 than Steph would have been 18.

Oh, well that's completely different, then.  Savage turned 42 in 1994.   So instead of a statutory rapist, maybe he was just a creepy older guy who took took advantage of a situation and slept with a barely legal teenager nearly 25 years younger than him.  Um... much better?

Savage is probably top 5 for me as a wrestler, but, if the Stephanie rumors are basically true, there's no way it wasn't a sleazy situation even if no laws were broken.

Savage didn't actually fuck Stephanie. I think we all know that. It's just kinda funny to joke about, because screw the McMahon's. If it had actually happened, I don't think any of us would then joke about it or support Savage.

You dont believe that do you? People still support Benoit.

• Like 1

If it was my daughter (I don't have kids so keep that in mind) I would be LIVID.. even if she was 18 and "legal" as it were. With that said, it really is strange how we have no problem with 18-year olds going to war. Then they come home and can't buy a drink. 

I don't understand how all of this works.

• Like 4

Savage didn't actually fuck Stephanie. I think we all know that. It's just kinda funny to joke about, because screw the McMahon's. If it had actually happened, I don't think any of us would then joke about it or support Savage.

How are we defining "support" for Benoit? If its "Can watch his matches without feeling weird about it" (and for the record, I can't) that seems a far cry from "Is totally cool with the guy. I mean, people make mistakes, right?"

I really don't know if I have seen a Benoit match since the incident. I think I watched Jericho vs Benoit from Royal Rumble 2001 back in like 2001 but I was pretty buzzed when I watched it so I cant remember if I felt weird or not.

Two things fuel the Steph-Savage rumor:

A) Nobody has outright refuted it and it's one of the more famous sleazy urban legends.

B) Vince has welcomed everyone back with open arms when there's money there. From Hogan to Hall/Nash to Warrior to Brock.

On the other hand Macho might make Warrior look sane. Who knows what he pulled w Vince

How are we defining "support" for Benoit? If its "Can watch his matches without feeling weird about it" (and for the record, I can't) that seems a far cry from "Is totally cool with the guy. I mean, people make mistakes, right?"

There are some folks out there who fervently believe that Benoit was innocent and Kevin Sullivan either arranged or committed the murders.

Did Patterson really do that shit? I honestly came away from Billy Graham's book thinking that he made all that shit up. But then again, the trailer for that Piper KC shoot sort of made me wonder.

RE: Savage/Steph, I'll say the same thing I've been saying for years: 18 is 18 is 18 is 18. Get you some, Mach.

• Like 1