DVDVR Message Board

JANUARY 2015 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

This seems relevant to our previous discussion about whether or not a court would uphold a year long WWE no-compete clause: http://motorsportstalk.nbcsports.com/2014/12/31/court-rules-against-richard-childress-racing-in-lawsuit-vs-former-team-engineer-matt-mccall/?ocid=Yahoo&partner=ya5nbcs

Summary: NASCAR guy leaves team for another team, previous team tries to invoke a year long no-compete and the court strikes it down.

Has anyone else had a chance to listen/read some of the Jarrett/JR media blitz to push the New Japan show this week?

Jarrett is such a politician, I am not sure why he doesn't quit pushing wrestling and run for office somewhere. But the interview I am listening to now has been really good.

The Jarrett/JR work on the Ross Report has me genuinely interested to grab the Wrestle Kingdom 9 show, I hope i'm not too disappointed given as i'm someone with zero Japanese interest.

A question while i'm talking, does anybody have any clue about the UK Network launch? They've half-hinted that it'll be in the new year, but as of yet nothing. Anybody heard as much as a rumour or suggestion when it's going to kick in? We're up to almost 11 months now from the US launch.

Ehh, I'll repost the STL-area indy dates for fun.

Saturday 1/3:  Dynamo Pro Wrestling in Fenton, MO
Saturday 1/10:  Pro Wrestling Championship Series in Granite City, IL (Colt Cabana vs. Dan Walsh); Mid-Missouri Wrestling Alliance in St. Louis, MO
Saturday 1/17:  Southern Illinois Championship Wrestling in East Carondelet, IL

Once WWE came out with that $9.99 price point for ppvs I don't get how a wrestling company could reasonably expect to draw in buys at $30 plus. It just seems like wishful thinking.

Ask WWE how they got 100,000 + buys for Survivor Series when the Network was FREE that month. Some people just don't have good enough internet to make streaming PPVs an option.

These motherfuckers changed the price of WK9 to $34.99 and $44.99 for HD.  It had been listed as $9.99 for weeks.

You can watch it on Flipps on your tablet, apparently.

I'm supposed to have people over.

It went from "Hey guys this shit is only $9.99, that's crazy"  to "The fuck?"

• Like 1

I just remembered that TNA's weekly PPVs were only $9.99. I'm surprised Dixie Carter hasn't said that WWE stole THAT from her yet.

Dixie wasn't even there yet.

Panda bought into TNA in 2003 so she was there for the majority of the weekly PPV era.

So, TNA is on life support since 2003...wow.