DVDVR Message Board

2015 VIDEO GAME CATCH-ALL THREAD

Gonzo

Just beat Last of Us: Left Behind too. And went out and bought the trade paperback comic series (along with Vol. 1 Y: The Last Man, which I've never read). This game made a big impact on me. Maybe I'll finally get cracking on the Uncharted series now.

So.. I think all Team Leeroy Jenkins with a PS4 or vita need to pick up Helldivers NOW.. because the amount of insanity and laughter this game could potentially cause is amazing.

(the level of Chaos from Magicka, combined with Starship Troopers the Movie), and yes, you can end up killing each other by mistake. (sometimes for example, when you call in an orbital ammo drop and it accidentally lands on your teammate)

I too have Helldivers as well. If you need someone on this, let me know.

Starting Uncharted 1. I'm only 8 years too late.

I WILL MAKE PROGESS ON MY BACKLOG, DAMNIT.

Welcome to my world. I only in the last several years Platinum'ed it.

Since I wanna get through all 3 of them and then do Infamous 1 & 2, I'm not gonna even try to be a completion it's at all. As a matter of fact, I'm gonna play on Easy to try and whip through these.

You get a fair shitload of trophies without trying for them (or at least I did on Uncharted 3). Not just the ones you get for Do this bit of the story... now do this bit of the story, but actual skilled combatant awards.

Play it on Normal. Normal's easy.

You get a fair shitload of trophies without trying for them (or at least I did on Uncharted 3). Not just the ones you get for Do this bit of the story... now do this bit of the story, but actual skilled combatant awards.

Too late. Already started on Easy. Still having fun.

Scratch that. I'm not having fun anymore. I really hope the controls tighten up in Uncharted 2, because I dread anytime I get into combat right now.

Also, force Sixaxis controls suck. I'm using a PS4 controller, so aiming grenades is out. Balancing on beams is out.

Scratch that. I'm not having fun anymore. I really hope the controls tighten up in Uncharted 2, because I dread anytime I get into combat right now.

Also, force Sixaxis controls suck. I'm using a PS4 controller, so aiming grenades is out. Balancing on beams is out.

The first game is a bit proof of concept-y. 2 and 3 are much better.

The first game is a bit proof of concept-y. 2 and 3 are much better.

So it follows the same model as Mass Effect then. Very well. I will grit my teeth and swallow this rancid meat, so I can get to the pudding later.

Uncharted 2 was my first platinum trophy (I'm usually not a completionist and only have 3 plats)

It's a big improvement over the first game, and the best in the series (and my favorite PS3 game til Last of Us came around). But I did like the original. 

Andrew and Fresh, send me a friend invite on PSN (SirFozzie)

Mucked around a bit on Helldivers with my friend Josh (you may remember him from RB3 or ME3)... we had to use Laptop google voice because I didn't have a PS3 headset (could have used USB, but it's a shorter cable, and with my leg, standing for lengthy amounts of time is contraindicated.

First Mission, 0:42 fail. you realllly have to retrain your fire discipline when playing this game

Edit: PS3 headset is coming tomorrow

Play it on Hard. Hard's normal.

Mate, there's no shame in that. I intentionally stay a generation behind so (1) I can get everything on the cheap when people trade in (2) I have a huge backlog of awesome games to play. In fact I only just started on Arkham Asylum last night!

Also, enjoy Y The Last Man. It's joint top with 100 Bullets as my fave series

Mate, there's no shame in that. I intentionally stay a generation behind so (1) I can get everything on the cheap when people trade in (2) I have a huge backlog of awesome games to play. In fact I only just started on Arkham Asylum last night!

Also, enjoy Y The Last Man. It's joint top with 100 Bullets as my fave series

I'm trying to show self control on next gen stuff I buy this year, so I can work through mine some. RIght now, the only game I plan on picking up this year is MKX.

OK I've maxed out everything in Darkest Dungeon, it was a fun ride but it did start to get a little tedious about 40 hours in.  Still, a good return on $20 and I'm hoping the full release will add some worthwhile new features to make coming back worth my time.  Easy thumbs-up for me.

Something that's really a heap of fun for me is using Steam's new "watch your friends play" feature so I can eavesdrop on people I know playing games I'm not familiar with or have heard about but never played (like DOTA2).  You get to hear all the chatter on their multiplayer games too, which can be pretty funny.  I'm surprised at how much time I've been spending watching friends game instead of gaming myself as of late. 

Listening to DotA 2 must sound like listening to people speaking in a foreign language who hate what they're playing and continue playing 30 minutes after they gave up 5 minutes into the match.

• Like 1

I want to get one of the AC games on sale today. I played and liked AC II. Should I get AC III or AC: Revelations? 

ACIII's story has nothing to do with ACII but Revelations will not make any sense if you haven't played Brotherhood. ACIII just isn't very good -- it really should have been on the PS4 and it shows.

I'll be getting them on PC. Does that change anything? The gameplay innovation in Brotherhood didn't interest me much but if I have to go through it to play Revelations, I suppose I should.

EDIT: Forget that, Brotherhood isn't on sale. 

When you mean "plot" do you mean the modern stuff or the past stuff, because I don't care about the modern/future stuff much.

I'll be getting them on PC. Does that change anything? The gameplay innovation in Brotherhood didn't interest me much but if I have to go through it to play Revelations, I suppose I should.

EDIT: Forget that, Brotherhood isn't on sale. 

When you mean "plot" do you mean the modern stuff or the past stuff, because I don't care about the modern/future stuff much.

Both. There's events in Ezio's storyline that set up the events in Revelations for him. Also, I actually like Desmond's storyline despite how hokey it is.

I went on youtube and watched a bunch of stuff on Brotherhood and now I feel ready to go. I actually understand way more about the first two games now, to be honest.

Up until now, I mainly associate Desmond's story with having to walk real slow.

Which game ends with what i call the Highlander II plot reveals? That. Really soured me on the series, on a macro level.

Probably 3.

But 4 redeems the crap out of the series.