DVDVR Message Board

2015 VIDEO GAME CATCH-ALL THREAD

Gonzo

Especially on the remake, Chris is what you do if you know exactly what in th' fuck yer doin' on that first playthrough.  If you have all the puzzles deeply ingrained you can do whatevert the fuck you want.

Guest The Magnificent 7

Care to elaborate what is fuck you worthy, so I don't have sit through FOURTY-FIVE minutes to surmise that?

Care to elaborate what is fuck you worthy, so I don't have sit through FOURTY-FIVE minutes to surmise that?

Basically being the only publisher in the world trying to get money from Let's Plays and other content created by their fans.

It is a stupid policy. There have been multiple games I saw on Let's Plays that convinced me to buy the game.

Also, there is merit to the "I watch let's plays for the let's players" mind set

Exactly. Like my very favorite channel, YouTube.com/CoopingTowardHatred

• Like 2

I'm planning on giving it a shot but haven't yet. Looks fascinating.

Re: Life is Strange

Just wanted to continue this: gave it a shot, enjoying it for the price. It's one of those things were I'm rather sure everything I do is gonna have gigantic negative ramifications down the line, but it's easy to enjoy.

Basically, if you don't mind mind playing as a teenage girl having teenage girl problems, that's good. Also, it might not be worth playing it if you don't analyze everything. Gets you much further into the story, like even in the limited play through chapter 1 gets, I already like a bunch of characters, have seen the good on some of the negative ones, etc. Main complaint is some characters fit too well into a certain stereotypes, but I'll give the writers the benefit of the doubt that they have twists and turns ahead.

Basically, play the trial, decide if you think it's worth 5 bucks for the rest of the chapter.

GOOD NEWS!  The PS4 will finally get an app for streaming media off your PC.

BAD NEWS!  It requires a subscription.

I know this is a bit old but I recently cancelled DirecTV and Plex has been awesome.  I don't understand why it's a subscription on PS4 and Xbone.   It's free to use it on my Roku's but apparently to use it on my PS4 it would cost me the fee.  It definitely does it's job on the Roku though and if it were a one time nominal fee to buy the app I'd gladly pay it to support the company but I don't see myself paying a subscription just to use it on the console. 

• Like 1

- Greg & Colin are doing one more episode of Podcast Beyond (next week) and then that's it

Meek, it's up. And the tears flowed. Mostly from them, but alittle from me too.Finally got around to watching it and, man, the tears sure flowed - from them. More than a little over the top, IMHO. I don't doubt they were genuine but good grief. Greg was crying over stuff that wasn't even emotional. I do get that the show has been a big part of Greg & Colin's lives since it basically made them best friends who now live together and got them through 2 divorces and Greg's cancer. And that's awesome and worth celebrating and being emotional. It just all seemed a bit much.

This Peter Molyneux interview is absolutely brutal. It feels like someone should be yelling "Worldstar!" in the background.

Since that link seems to time out or die for me, here's a link to another Peter Molyneux interview. This interview was done the day after the Rock, Paper, Shotgun one - in which Molyneux said he would no longer talk to the press.

I am of a couple minds here:

- I think Peter Molyneux is a scumbag. Screwing over a contest winner, diverting resources paid for by Kickstarter to other projects, not delivering rewards, not delivering THE GAME ITSELF, etc

- anybody who backed a Peter Molyneux project via Kickstarter is something of a fool. I mean, it's not like this guy hasn't earned himself a well-established reputation for missing deadlines, blatantly lying about the status of his projects, the capabilities of those projects, and delivering stuff that (while it may be great) doesn't come close to living up to his hype.