DVDVR Message Board

2015 UPCOMING MOVIES/CASTING NONSENSE

RIPPA

Okay - stay with me here

Per Hollywood Reporter

Sony Pictures has decided to "reboot" Girl With A Dragon Tattoo. Well more... they are skipping the other two books in the trilogy and going to Girl in the Spider's Web. (Which is the 4th book, which just came out and is NOT written by Stieg Larsson). Daniel Craig, Rooney Mara nor David Fincher will be back. There is a report that Alicia Vikander will be Lisbeth Salander... but that is total speculation.

Okay - stay with me here

Per Hollywood Reporter

Sony Pictures has decided to "reboot" Girl With A Dragon Tattoo. Well more... they are skipping the other two books in the trilogy and going to Girl in the Spider's Web. (Which is the 4th book, which just came out and is NOT written by Stieg Larsson). Daniel Craig, Rooney Mara nor David Fincher will be back. There is a report that Alicia Vikander will be Lisbeth Salander... but that is total speculation.

I am kinda stoked to hear this since I have already read that book and enjoyed it for what it was.  I was snakebitten by the "new" Bourne novels but Spider's Web is a fairly decent continuation that does not feel like a cash grab.

It is a lot less brooding and cartoonish than Played Wth Fire or Kicked The Hornet's Nest.  The author, David Lagercrantz, used to be a crime beat reporter so his narrative and the tech are way more grounded in fact than Larsson's world where computers work like magic and detectives are oracles that pull motive out of tea leaves.

There is even a comic book reference in there for the nerds who have flocked to the previous novels, so Lagercrantz is well aware of who his audience is.

Alicia Vikander stole Ex Machina and her ability to go from kittenish innocence to batshit insanity seem perfect for the role of Lisbeth Salander. 

I will withhold a complete "I'm there" until I hear about who will play Bloomqvist and whether or not all of this is speculation.

Not making the second and third books into movie reboots is smart.  Sidestep any comparisons between the Sweedish originals and re-images altogether.

About time QT made a Western set somewhere with really shitty weather.

Dude, have you been to Mississippi? I think you will enjoy our three days of good weather we get annually between March and May.

I'm not going to watch the trailer of the Hateful Eight,don't want to be spoiled. Megyn Kelly told me I should boycott this so I'll be there opening day.

Fraternal Order of Police have asked me to boycott which means I will pay to see it one a day for about a month.

• Like 4

Is Olympus Has Fallen any good? I'm just wondering what would warrant a sequel to it.

And I was pretty underwhelmed by the full trailer for WarCraft. I'm hoping the movie is more fun than the trailer, which just looks like it was heavily inspired by LotR.

Is Olympus Has Fallen any good? I'm just wondering what would warrant a sequel to it.

Well, compared to White House Down, it's a goddamn Fellini film.

I liked it, but a sequel was probably a bit unnecessary. Honestly, I am not too enthused by the trailer for it either.