DVDVR Message Board

2015 UPCOMING MOVIES/CASTING NONSENSE

RIPPA

Aw.  The rumors of LeBron James being in a Space Jam sequel were false.  I probably would've gone to see that.

Seal's cover of Fly Like An Eagle from the Space Jam soundtrack was DOPE~!

• Like 2

Since it's coming out tomorrow, I'm going to leave this review of Pixels here.  It appears that all our worst fears about this are 100% true.  And then some.

I really, really, really hope that both Red Letter Media reviews Pixels AND there's an Honest Trailer for Pixels. I have gone from hating Red Letter Media because of how much the shit on everything that isn't Mad Max: Fury Road to really liking them. The review and little featurette they did for Terminator Genisys were brilliant.

Seriously, though: How are they going to keep getting away with opening this theme park when everyone gets murdered every few years?

Why aren't the people running this thing in jail for involuntary manslaughter? How do even they get insurance anymore? 

• Like 1

Variety is reporting that Seth Gordon will direct the Baywatch movie (the one starring the Rock)

Love Rock, but he will never be able to compete with David Hasselhoff in the "slow-motion running" department. 

Never. This is more doomed than the Psycho remake for that reason alone.

In front of Mad Max were trailers for two movies that look like huge pieces of shit. One was The Gift starring Jason Bateman and co-starring Joel Edgerton. It looks so fucking awful. There is a point in the trailer where Bateman and his wife come home and there's a bottle of wine sitting on their porch and the wine was left by Edgerton. There's the ominous BOOM and it's like, Edgerton left them a fucking a gift, FUCK THAT GUY!!!!!!

I won't even post the trailer because fuck that noise.

Maaan... that sucks, I was actually looking forward to The Gift.  Edgerton wrote it and he's done some other stuff that I really enjoyed.

Still very early, but thankfully this still has a shot at being good.  It's got 7 fresh and 0 rotten reviews on RT right now, with one critic saying Edgerton's work is the best actor-to-director transition since Affleck with Gone Baby Gone.

Just saw someone else on a different discussion board ripping on the trailer though, which I still have not watched.

Just bill this movie as Die Hard - Only with Dean Ambrose and it will make a frigging fortune.

There probably should have been a few more vaguely European terrorists and Dean wandering around without his shoes on, though 

What the hell... Roland Emmerich... the guy who did Independence Day and the horrible 1998 Godzilla  is directing a movie about the Stonewall Riots?  

Dolfan, if you think that is shocking then you should try "Michael Bay Benghazi movie":