DVDVR Message Board

2015 UPCOMING MOVIES/CASTING NONSENSE

RIPPA

Bridesmaids McCarthy is funny.

Kevin James and his half-assed Chris Farley act couldn't even be funny doing a Die Hard spoof

A DIE HARD SPOOF.

You know how badly you have to fuck up when even a Die Hard parody can't be funny? Man, even The Cleveland Show managed to get a few laughs out of the idea and that show was fucking hideous. 

Bridesmaids McCarthy is funny.

Kevin James and his half-assed Chris Farley act couldn't even be funny doing a Die Hard spoof

A DIE HARD SPOOF.

You know how badly you have to fuck up when even a Die Hard parody can't be funny? Man, even The Cleveland Show managed to get a few laughs out of the idea and that show was fucking hideous.

Eh, I thought Kevin James was funny in Paul Blart. And Here Comes the Boom was very enjoyable.

Is John Cena in every fucking female comedy now?

And he is sporting a neck tattoo that even Randy Orton would look at and go "That's a little much..."

With Fruitvale Station, you have to recognize that it is a heavily fictionalized portrayal of Oscar Grant's life.  

Throwing weed in the water?

That didn't happen in real life.  

Comforting a dying dog?

That actually happened to Ryan Coogler's brother.  

Katie?

Heavily fictionalized and a composite of several different women.

Oscar didn't have any prospects aside from the supermarket or drug dealing?

Nope, he was actually thinking of attending barber school after learning to cut hair in prison.

The dance party on the train?

Didn't happen.

-----------------

Oscar Grant, the real life person, was a complex human being who was unjustly shot and killed by a member of the Oakland Transit Police, who later served 11-months in prison and is currently accused of unemployment fraud.  

Oscar Grant the movie character, is heavily fictionalized.

With Fruitvale Station, you have to recognize that it is a heavily fictionalized portrayal of Oscar Grant's life.

Throwing weed in the water?

That didn't happen in real life.

Comforting a dying dog?

That actually happened to Ryan Coogler's brother.

Katie?

Heavily fictionalized and a composite of several different women.

Oscar didn't have any prospects aside from the supermarket or drug dealing?

Nope, he was actually thinking of attending barber school after learning to cut hair in prison.

The dance party on the train?

Didn't happen.

-----------------

Oscar Grant, the real life person, was a complex human being who was unjustly shot and killed by a member of the Oakland Transit Police, who later served 11-months in prison and is currently accused of unemployment fraud.

Oscar Grant the movie character, is heavily fictionalized.

Oakland is making a corpse serve time? Man, privitized prisons are getting out of control.

• Like 1

I didn't mind the movie presenting an overtly sympathetic, somewhat fictionalized Oscar Grant who THREW DRUGS IN THE WATER~! because he wanted to turn his life around. 

Every time the mainstream press report on some guy getting unfairly killed by the cops, they do the complete opposite: make him sound like a non-human who had it coming because, of course, the cops said so.

Turnabout's fair play.    

The real Oscar Grant? Well, we'll never get to know him or what he was thinking or intending to do with his life. We can't ask him.

And why is that? Oh, right. Some moron killed him for no reason and served less time for it than most people do for minor drug possession or stealing a stereo.

When you have a movie that was a big part of your childhood, and then they announce they're making a sequel years later, you get excited with childish glee. And then you watch it, and it's got podraces in it, or they've cast Shia Lebouef and want you to think he's really cool, much cooler than the original characters you actually wanted to see... and you start wishing they wouldn't do things like that ever again.

And then, when it looks like they're going to do something exactly like that again, you don't like it.

• Like 1

Why is everyone so deadset on hating this Ghostbusters movie? I legitimately don't understand it.

I don't hate it per say, but I would have rather seen a concept similar to Extreme Ghostbusters with a younger team still connected to the old team. Right now I don't have a strong interest as its an all female team with a group of actresses I either don't know or am indifferent to. I'm waiting for a trailer to judge. So far the most interesting thing to me is Hemsowrth as their Janine.

Why is everyone so deadset on hating this Ghostbusters movie? I legitimately don't understand it.

After seeing Spy and Leslie Jones' cameo in Trainwreck I'm very much looking forward to it.  So long as it's R-rated like Spy at least.  If the studio forces it to be a kid friendly PG-13, then it'll be a mess. 

They need to take the franchise to the next level in the following sequels.  The next movie should be SharkQuake.  It will be a gigantic earthquake that opens up a huge fault line where inside of that fault is a lake of killer sharks.   Part 5 they go and do Shark 9/11, not sure how you go about that yet but it's coming.