DVDVR Message Board

2015 UPCOMING MOVIES/CASTING NONSENSE

RIPPA

I love the Rocky movies also. I've seen them all many many times and I fucking HATE that Eminem song in the Southpaw trailer.  PHENOMENONALLLLLL.  Just shut up.

You know he was suppose to star in this film instead of Jake Gyllenhaal, right? How was that even possible?

I don't know if the movie will be good. I don't know if it will be bad. But I have a strong suspicion that Kate McKinnon is going to rock the shit out of it and blow the others out of the water.

• Like 2

Tangentially, theres a new GB comic book where the movie team meets the cartoon counterparts.

Seeing the covers of those comics reminded me of a question that has always bugged me.  I mean "always" as in, "this shit bugged me when I was a kid seeing it for the first time."

Why did they swap the looks of Venkman (Murray) and Stantz (Akroyd) where cartoon version of Venkman looks more like Dan Akroyd and the cartoon version of Stantz looks more like Bill Murray?  Was it some sort of image rights issue?

John C. Reilly said he has signed on to do Wreck-It-Ralph 2

The first one is so awesome and stands alone so well.  "Why the cash grab, Disney?" is the question that answers itself. :(

I think the female ghostbusters reboot would be better off if they stopped referring to it as "female ghostbusters" and simply stuck to "ghostbusters."

IMO, this movie really hinges on which Melissa McCarthy shows up. Bridesmaids Melissa McCarthy or I-Want-So-Bad-To-Be-Kevin-James Melissa McCarthy. 

• Like 1

Bridesmaids McCarthy is funny.

Kevin James and his half-assed Chris Farley act couldn't even be funny doing a Die Hard spoof

A DIE HARD SPOOF.

You know how badly you have to fuck up when even a Die Hard parody can't be funny? Man, even The Cleveland Show managed to get a few laughs out of the idea and that show was fucking hideous. 

Bridesmaids McCarthy is funny.

Kevin James and his half-assed Chris Farley act couldn't even be funny doing a Die Hard spoof

A DIE HARD SPOOF.

You know how badly you have to fuck up when even a Die Hard parody can't be funny? Man, even The Cleveland Show managed to get a few laughs out of the idea and that show was fucking hideous.

Eh, I thought Kevin James was funny in Paul Blart. And Here Comes the Boom was very enjoyable.

Is John Cena in every fucking female comedy now?

And he is sporting a neck tattoo that even Randy Orton would look at and go "That's a little much..."

With Fruitvale Station, you have to recognize that it is a heavily fictionalized portrayal of Oscar Grant's life.  

Throwing weed in the water?

That didn't happen in real life.  

Comforting a dying dog?

That actually happened to Ryan Coogler's brother.  

Katie?

Heavily fictionalized and a composite of several different women.

Oscar didn't have any prospects aside from the supermarket or drug dealing?

Nope, he was actually thinking of attending barber school after learning to cut hair in prison.

The dance party on the train?

Didn't happen.

-----------------

Oscar Grant, the real life person, was a complex human being who was unjustly shot and killed by a member of the Oakland Transit Police, who later served 11-months in prison and is currently accused of unemployment fraud.  

Oscar Grant the movie character, is heavily fictionalized.