DVDVR Message Board

2015 UPCOMING MOVIES/CASTING NONSENSE

RIPPA

There aren't many German movies that are worth watching, but this one actually looks interesting for once.

The entire movie was apparently shot in one single take, don't even know how that is possible. It won six awards at yesterday's German film awards. I have no idea if and when this is coming to the US.

This looks absolutely wonderful. Mark Osborne was a classmate of mine in High School, and his brother Kent was one of my best friends. Mark has now made Kung Fu Panda and this and Kent has worked on Spongebob, Adventure Time, and is making indy films. I'm so happy for them.

• Like 1

NSFW Trailer.

This is The Tribe, it's coming out this week in NYC (I think other cities' art house theaters will get it later).   It's getting amazing reviews and is (almost) silent.  Done entirely in Ukranian sign language, there's no voice over, and no subtitles. 

I don't know why, but I really want to see this. 

See it just looks like the pretentious foreign movie you hear about in all the romantic comedies that the arty girl really wants to go see but the guy is like "Eh, can we see something else...."

• Like 1

How the fuck did this movie become the one I want to see most this summer?

Because Tom Cruise apparently decided that trying to outdo Jackie Chan in the stunts department would be a good way to spend his 50s?

• Like 1

http://youtu.be/Y7coUwTU-Ms

How the fuck did this movie become the one I want to see most this summer?

What GojiColin said.  I love this new Tom Cruise going apeshit in movies like MI: Rogue Nation and All You Need Is Kill where he is acting his ass off and performs his own stunts in the effort to cripple himself before he turns sixty.

If you are concerned about spoilers you probably shouldn't watch this trailer. Then again I am not sure why you would really be that concerned over spoilers for the fucking Hitman movie

Good lord this looks atrocious

From an epic time of epic men, comes an epic tale of epic battles fought in an epic fashion with epic blades of steel...

You're right. That looks comically terrible. Can't wait for the Screen Junkies Honest Trailer on it in 6 months.

The Rock is going to be in an adaption of the 80s video game, Rampage.

ohmygod

Dwayne Johnson retweeted Entertainment Weekly

Hell yes. Meaner, nastier versions of King Kong, Godzilla & a pissed off gigantic Werewolf. #RAMPAGE #ArcadeClassic

If Toho sees this, they're gonna be pissed. They went after that Anne Hathaway movie because it's about a giant lizard monster in Tokyo. 

Good lord this looks atrocious

From an epic time of epic men, comes an epic tale of epic battles fought in an epic fashion with epic blades of steel...

You're right. That looks comically terrible. Can't wait for the Screen Junkies Honest Trailer on it in 6 months.

Adrien Brody has had quite the Halle Berry-like career post-Oscar.

• Like 1

That's awesome. I read that article and I like Rose McGowan way more than I did previously.

More and more, Funny People was a biopic that completely went over Adam Sandler's head. That, and maybe Judd Apatow wishes Sandler would get cancer.

• Like 1

The Rock is going to be in an adaption of the 80s video game, Rampage.

ohmygod

Dwayne Johnson retweeted Entertainment Weekly

Hell yes. Meaner, nastier versions of King Kong, Godzilla & a pissed off gigantic Werewolf. #RAMPAGE #ArcadeClassic

If Toho sees this, they're gonna be pissed. They went after that Anne Hathaway movie because it's about a giant lizard monster in Tokyo.

Nah, Toho went after them because they specificaly marketed the movie as having Godzilla in it.