DVDVR Message Board

2015 UPCOMING MOVIES/CASTING NONSENSE

RIPPA

I gave up on Stiller after The Heartbreak Kid. Incidentally, there was someone in the cast named Shawn Michaels by amazing coincidence and I spent the whole movie waiting for HBK to show up. It was a bummer.

Why are they making it or why am I blaming you?

The later is because I certainly put no money towards the original so my hands are clean

i did.... and I bought the DVD.

My daughter still loves that movie.  what can I do?

Cee-Lo Green plays a singing mummy for fuck's sake.  What kind of Grinch are you, Rippa?

I will not be able to unhear Foxx's mocking of Mike Tyson in the past, but Foxx seems like the best choice.

It's also great that Foxx hasn't aged at all so if he bulks up, he can pull off playing the young Tyson, the one that was the scariest motherfucker on the planet, the coked up Tyson who was nearly as scary, and older Tyson. Really looking forward to that. 

I'd like to see Jonathan Banks play Cus D'Amato.

1) I look forward to the "reverse fossilization" movie that Sandler makes next, as I always wanted to see what happens when a robot becomes a human.

2) Can someone explain Josh Gad's appeal? Because I really want to punch him in the face. . . .

Don't worry, we all do. He was the worst part about Frozen.

Funny story about that. My daughter, who is almost 5, has taken an interest into seeing what voice actors look like. I showed her a picture of Josh Gad and her reaction was, "Oh, he is just not handsome at all."

ROTE SONY MOVIE EXEC #1: "I really don't get this Wreck-It Ralph thing. I haven't seen it, but is there a way we can make something better?"

ROTE SONY MOVIE EXEC #2: "Instead of some dumb fucking cartoon, lets set it in big city with tons of special effects and get someone hilarious to star in it."

ROTE SONY MOVIE EXEC #1: "Mmm, yeah, that Adam Sandler guy seems pretty damn funny. I was just watching a Saturday Night Live with him in it and he was great. Any way we can get this Chris Farley guy to be in it too?"

ROTE SONY MOVIE EXEC #2: "Hmm, seems like he's dead. There's this Josh Gad kid though, lets get him. Same thing!"

ROTE SONY MOVIE EXEC #1: "I really don't get this Wreck-It Ralph thing. I haven't seen it, but is there a way we can make something better?"

ROTE SONY MOVIE EXEC #2: "Instead of some dumb fucking cartoon, lets set it in big city with tons of special effects and get someone hilarious to star in it."

ROTE SONY MOVIE EXEC #1: "Mmm, yeah, that Adam Sandler guy seems pretty damn funny. I was just watching a Saturday Night Live with him in it and he was great. Any way we can get this Chris Farley guy to be in it too?"

ROTE SONY MOVIE EXEC #2: "Hmm, seems like he's dead. There's this Josh Gad kid though, lets get him. Same thing!"

The whole movie is basically the Futurama episode "Anthology of Interest 2" from almost 15 years ago.

The whole movie is basically the Futurama episode "Anthology of Interest 2" from almost 15 years ago.

It is actually based on this video from 4 years ago  https://youtu.be/ou8vRWTSsJo

I'm pretty sure the process was:

Sony exec: Hey, Adam, isn't it time for you to inexplicably make us a couple hundred million dollars?

Adam Sandler:  Hold on, let me flip through the channels here for an idea.  Hey, a cartoon about the future or something. hold on..

Sony exec:  Got one?

Adam Sandler: Yep.

Sony exec: check's in the mail.

Adam Sandler: [yawn] whatever.

• Like 1

Weren't those Sony email leaks full of:

Sony exec 1: Dude, Adam Sandler sucks!!!! Oh my god

Sone exec 2: Dude, I know!!! lol

I thought they would stop producing them.

Just because it isn't good doesnt mean it isn't profitable, just because it is profitable doesn't mean it is good.

Too bad Luhr isn't the one invading though, Omicron-Persei 8 ftw. . . .