DVDVR Message Board

2015 UPCOMING MOVIES/CASTING NONSENSE

RIPPA

Aww... last year's thread says hello from like 6 weeks ago :-P

Oh, like I remember what happened 6 hours ago, much less 6 weeks...  Anyway, I don't think these have been posted.  The theme is movies where the biggest star is making a cameo, but must contractually be in the trailer:

To be fair to Will, there's *nothing* wrong about wanting to get it on with Margo Robbie.

If this movie is anything like Hitch,  Margot Robbie had to be Jada Approved if she even wanted to get to be in the same scene with him.

• Like 1

Variety is saying Scarlett Johansson will star in the live action Ghost in the Shell remake.

I can't remember if we knew this already or not.

Note how well people accept this casting in a post-Avengers world.

Variety is saying Scarlett Johansson will star in the live action Ghost in the Shell remake.

Note how well people accept this casting in a post-Avengers world.

Well in the comments of all the stories I saw about it people were all pissed off.

Most of them were along the lines of SHE RUINED BLACK WIDOW!!! SHE WILL RUIN THIS!!!

And there were several pointing out her lack of being Asian

According to ANN there were rumors last year of the people behind the adaptation trying to get her.

(BTW, clarification needed...does talk about this and any other live-ac anime adaptations go here or the Anime thread?)

Well in the comments of all the stories I saw about it people were all pissed off.

Most of them were along the lines of SHE RUINED BLACK WIDOW!!! SHE WILL RUIN THIS!!!

And there were several pointing out her lack of being Asian

Those people are idiots.  

Doug Liman did wonders adopting All You Need Is Kill for universal distribution as Edge of Tomorrow and the same can be done for GITS with the right people at the helm. 

I would've liked Kusanagi to be Rinko Kikuchi's breakout role and if I were casting English speaking performers, I'd have probably gone with Emily Blunt or Margot Robbie, but I have no probs with Scarlett in the role. 

She's got a believable action pedigree thanks to the Marvel movies and a good director should be able to guide her to an acceptable performance.. 

The problem will be how they handle the original story.  The 1995 anime had all of the action and philosophical trappings of Shirow's work but none of the character empathy or the wit.  If GITS has the action, hard sci-fi, humor, and emotion that Edge of Tomorrow did, it will turn out just fine.

To be fair to Will, there's *nothing* wrong about wanting to get it on with Margo Robbie.

If this movie is anything like Hitch,  Margot Robbie had to be Jada Approved if she even wanted to get to be in the same scene with him.

If I were married to an actor and Margot Robbie was on tap to be his leading lady--let's just say I understand Jada on this.

• Like 1

I just wanna know who the two women on the poster are.

Esme Bianco is the one on the left - at least I am pretty sure that is her.

The other one could very well be Tamina for all we know