DVDVR Message Board

The Photos What We Took of Us

Pete

• 2 weeks later...

Cuz I'm apparently an idiot that couldn't see that this topic had been restarted, I started my own thread.  Ignore that one and enjoy my reposting of myself kayaking this past weekend:

Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted Image

This is me and Ty Garland. Ty plays basketball for La Salle, my beloved alma mater. He made "The Southwest Philly Floater"  against Ole Miss and that dumb dumb Marshall Henderson to send the Explorers to the Sweet 16. It was the greatest sports fan moment of my life. The kids on the team came back to school for the first time since they left for the tournament two weeks earlier. There was a welcome home thing for them and I went. Ty was so nice and couldn't believe people made cheap, chintzy T-Shirts about his shot.

Rooting for college sports is weird. I'm emotionally invested in how teenagers and kids who can barely drink play basketball. But it's also awesome to root for my school. It's not a sports factor at all. And since it's tiny, you get to actually meet the players and get to know them. The players on La Salle are just nice dudes who actually go to class (they have a "highest GPA" contest among themselves and my man Ty won and might be Academic All-American next yer) and care about each other and the school.

A true prize photo.

• Like 1

Posted Image

I was randomly picked before the Phillies game I went to tonight to serve as the MLB Fan Cave Fan of the Game. I stood behind home plate next to the Phanatic and a few ball girls during the national anthem. They then introduced me afterwards and I did the Chris Jericho kiss to the crowd, waved like the Queen (in homage to Naked Gun), waved like above and then gave a thumbs up. Really regretting not trying to start a "YES!" chant but oh well. True highlight of my life.

• Like 4

Top pic, Me(far right) and a bunch of other marks meeting Bubba The Love Sponge at a Wings Etc in Plymouth, In. Bottom pic, me and the ladies that showed up for our 25th high school reunion. What a difference three years and losing 75 lbs makes.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Pic of me and my good friend Ronnie at a Spokane Indians game from Friday night.  Ronnie and I met each other on a forum dedicated to sports jerseys when he came across a post I'd made about the Spokane Indians.  Turns out he lives in Spokane as well.  We've been to a bunch of games together, took a weekend trip over to Seattle to catch a Mariners game, and so on.  Heck, our wives even get along :)  Anyway, just a pic of the two of us from Friday night.  The guy in the back is my buddy Mike.  He's hiding in shame because he's wearing a Seahawks jersey ;)

Posted Image

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Posted Image

Me today at the end of week three of my new career. About to ascend to the roof and help figure out and create proper and effective pigeon deterrents. The best part was, we basically created a cage ( of webbing), and the attachment bolted in to hold it together is actually called a turnbuckle, and that's what it was, but tiny. I had no idea there were turnbuckles in anything besides rings. So when my boss/ trainer/ co-worker asked me, "Do you know how to loosen and tighten a turnbuckle ?", I was all, "Fuck, yeah."

:lol:

• Like 2