DVDVR Message Board

Raw 12-29-14 - Edge and Christian Host

MGFanJay

I'm beginning to think you're just a huge Trip/Steph mark.

Yes. I am. They're awesome.

What exactly is awesome about a non-wrestler lording it over the roster while never showing ass or getting any kind of comeuppance?

good to see the "If Daniel Bryan doesn't win, fans will break stuff" takes are back from last year

Are you saying they didn't?  The fans completely ruined a PPV and destroyed the WWE's Wrestlemania plans.

And that was Pittsburgh, which isn't even a smark town. I can only imagine how the Philly mutants would have reacted.

• Like 1

good to see the "If Daniel Bryan doesn't win, fans will break stuff" takes are back from last year

Are you saying they didn't?  The fans completely ruined a PPV and destroyed the WWE's Wrestlemania plans.

I remember that serious people were implying POST-Rumble that Bryan not going over at the end would cause "ugly scenes".

it's alarmist bullshit. If Bryan doesn't sufficiently go over, they'll just complain online and keep giving the WWE money. It's all bark, no bite.

So your contention is that they always intended to book Wrestlemania 30 the way they did?

They could have had a movie star as their champion and drawn more new eyes to their shows.  Instead they put an injury-prone midget on top and tanked business.

Kevin?  Kevin Nash?  Is that you?

Oh, wait, Big Lazy wouldn't bring up being injury-prone.

My mistake.

I remember that serious people were implying POST-Rumble that Bryan not going over at the end would cause "ugly scenes".

it's alarmist bullshit. If Bryan doesn't sufficiently go over, they'll just complain online and keep giving the WWE money. It's all bark, no bite.

Like all the money they gave WWE this year?

The Rumble is sold out and tickets are ridiculously over-priced on the secondary market. I don't get the reasoning behind giving away the Bryan surprise.

And seriously, Hinter and Steph have been off tv for like 5 minutes. What a joke.

So your contention is that they always intended to book Wrestlemania 30 the way they did?

my contention is that there is nothing that the WWE could do short of openly firing weapons into the crowd that would cause a riot at a wrestling show. It's almost 2015, not 1975.

CM Punk leaving had more to do with changing the Wrestlemania plans than the Royal Rumble crowd.

What exactly is awesome about a non-wrestler lording it over the roster while never showing ass or getting any kind of comeuppance?

Do you mean HHH, who put Bryan over huge at WrestleMania? Steph, who Vickie threw into a vat of filth and screamed stuff like "I'LL SHOW YOU ALL!" and "I'LL HAVE YOUR BADGES!" They put people over plenty last year. They didn't show ass every single week. That made the times they did show ass better. They just found a way to worm their way back into power. (And it was coming soon -- Why else give the stipulation the whole "Cena can bring them back" plot device?)

And why aren't you guys talking about the shitty promo Cesaro cut? He reached for that brass ring alright.

I'm convinced that entire segment was Vince flipping all the message board fans who flipped out about him burying Cesaro on the Austin podcast. He basically gave Cesaro the mic and told him to deliver a Pipe Bomb - which Cesaro did except without any of the delivery, charisma, or crowd reaction that Punk had and then brought out BNB to a legit superstar reaction to basically squash him. I could just see Vince backstage when BNB's music hit telling all of his lackeys "Now THERE is a star pally."

To be fair, of the two BNB probably does have more potential as a headliner if he could just shake his Mr. Glass-like propensity for getting injured.

• Like 2

my contention is that there is nothing that the WWE could do short of openly firing weapons into the crowd that would cause a riot at a wrestling show. It's almost 2015, not 1975.

CM Punk leaving had more to do with changing the Wrestlemania plans than the Royal Rumble crowd.

Oh.  You're having a problem between literalism and figurativism.  When people bring signs threatening to riot, they typically aren't being literal.  Nobody is saying an actual riot will break out.

Hey, we got some good matches at least. I didn't even really care about the tag match much until they did the crazy ending with the finisher swerve -- Jey was the fresh man so it was logical for him to kick out. I have no comment about the promo but Cesaro laid the fuck into Barrett the whole time. You could hear those crossfaces and it is quite possible he just said "fuck it, I'm pissed off and I'm going Finlay on him". Rusev/Ziggler was great. Bryan brought the emotion. And then they shit the bed and decided to not even wait a fucking month to bring back HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH and StepHHHHHHHHHHHH. Yuck.

Oh.  You're having a problem between literalism and figurativism.  When people bring signs threatening to riot, they typically aren't being literal.  Nobody is saying an actual riot will break out.

The Rumble is in Philly guys...........

If Bryan doesn't win the Rumble, they might actually riot. 

And why aren't you guys talking about the shitty promo Cesaro cut? He reached for that brass ring alright.

I'm convinced that entire segment was Vince flipping all the message board fans who flipped out about him burying Cesaro on the Austin podcast. He basically gave Cesaro the mic and told him to deliver a Pipe Bomb - which Cesaro did except without any of the delivery, charisma, or crowd reaction that Punk had and then brought out BNB to a legit superstar reaction to basically squash him. I could just see Vince backstage when BNB's music hit telling all of his lackeys "Now THERE is a star pally."

To be fair, of the two BNB probably does have more potential as a headliner if he could just shake his Mr. Glass-like propensity for getting injured.

Barrett was one of the like 3 things that crowd gave a shit about all night. It made me go:

tumblr_memoa5gVDJ1rvo2qq.gif

Tho the match felt a lot longer than 4 minutes. Wade took that ass kicking too.

I still want a reason why Triple H and Steph just hung around backstage, seemingly waiting to be put back into power. It was established in kayfabe land that they were out of power and we saw Rollins backstage on his own a lot with J&J Security. 

Why the fuck were they backstage? That makes no sense. Why not just advertise next week as "The Return of The Authority?" 

• Like 1

The Rumble is in Philly guys...........

If Bryan doesn't win the Rumble, they might actually riot. 

Wrestling riot, we'd probably get this:

hqdefault.jpg

If the image that WWE wants to close the Rumble with is trash flying at Reigns then more power to them. 

• Like 1

Do you mean HHH, who put Bryan over huge at WrestleMania? Steph, who Vickie threw into a vat of filth and screamed stuff like "I'LL SHOW YOU ALL!" and "I'LL HAVE YOUR BADGES!" They put people over plenty last year. They didn't show ass every single week. That made the times they did show ass better. They just found a way to worm their way back into power. (And it was coming soon -- Why else give the stipulation the whole "Cena can bring them back" plot device?)

I was specifically referring to Stephanie. And she's managed to have the last laugh in every storyline she's been involved in. It's 2003 all over again.

• Like 1

I was specifically referring to Stephanie. And she's managed to have the last laugh in every storyline she's been involved in. It's 2003 all over again.

Brie did never get her to tap out. Which had it be another woman in Steph's place, would've been the logical end goal. Regardless of what you sexist fucks think of Brie.