DVDVR Message Board

Wrestlemania XXXI

Matt D

Rusev needs the win a lot more than Cena. If Rusev wins this match he's cemented as a main eventer for years to come. I think I want to see Rusev vs Lesnar more than any potential match in WWE. 

I don't think he will lose. I mean, they've been playing up Cena as being this past his peak old man (even though he's like 37 and in his prime) and he's been mercilessly tossed around by Brock for months on end, I think a loss here and then a break will do his character the world of good, the redemption story writes itself, I wouldn't be mad at Cena taking the belt off of a ruling Rusev down the road, plus it keeps Rusev's momentum going and he can either beat a face Lesnar or dethrone Reigns. I love Rusev and it appears Vince does too. But yeah Cena will win and whatever

For a company that loves giving guys losing streaks they sure would be missing a great story not having Rusev go over. Cena could then seriously doubt himself for a whole year, while Rusev breaks people left and right, until Cena reaches out to The Rock to help train him.

Dont make this Rocky 4, make it Rocky 3 with Rusev playing Clubber Lang!

Rusev needs the win a lot more than Cena. If Rusev wins this match he's cemented as a main eventer for years to come. I think I want to see Rusev vs Lesnar more than any potential match in WWE. 

I don't think he will lose. I mean, they've been playing up Cena as being this past his peak old man (even though he's like 37 and in his prime) and he's been mercilessly tossed around by Brock for months on end, I think a loss here and then a break will do his character the world of good, the redemption story writes itself, I wouldn't be mad at Cena taking the belt off of a ruling Rusev down the road, plus it keeps Rusev's momentum going and he can either beat a face Lesnar or dethrone Reigns. I love Rusev and it appears Vince does too. But yeah Cena will win and whatever

I don't want Rusev to lose.

Ahem...

14_h2_S7f_Fw.gif

• Like 2

How is Rusev not the babyface in this situation?

How is he the face?

He's a hard working dude that beats dudes clean left and right and loves his country?

He didn't beat Cena clean and tried to avoid a rematch. And while its great he loves his country there really isn't a reason for him to go out of his way to shit on another one.

• Like 1

The only thing that's holding me back from CenaWinsLol is the fact that Daniel Bryan is favourite to win the ladder match and be IC Champion. Assuming Reigns is going over, I would have to question the logic of having the secondary belts on two bonafide main-event superstars. Ambrose going over wouldn't be that much better for Reigns. I don't see Cena losing per se, but I'm not sure he'll walk out with the title. The crrowd will deal with Cena kicking Rusev's ass, but him ending Rusev's undefeated streak not so much. Rusev goading Cena into getting himself DQ'd is probably the smartest outcome at this point.

I kind of want Cena to win dirty. Maybe do the Fastlane finish but reversed. This way Cena "wins" but he didn't really because he needed to go to measures he never needed to before. This sets up the rubber match at Extreme Rules in an "I Quit" match where Rusev can be the first man to make John Cena say the words "I Quit!" Rusev can continue to say he has never been pinned, tapped out, or said I quit. But he has seen Cena pinned, seen Cena tap out, but he MADE John Cena, Mr. Never Give Up, say the words "I Quit" because he could not compete against the Russian Super Athlete.

Of course I'd have Reigns vs. Rusev penciled in at SummerSlam where if Reigns title reign goes well, he can get the win over Rusev and if the Reigns era is bombing you can do the title switch and figure out what's next

Usually though, if they try a new guy as Champion and he's not working out, they go back to a proven draw, rather than try another new unproven one.

How is he the face?

He's a hard working dude that beats dudes clean left and right and loves his country?

He also attacked a senior citizen and broke his leg. Plus, he punted Cena in the nuts to win their last match, that's not a clean victory at all.

Yeah, they've actually tempered Cena's negative reactions from even a few months ago by having him against a real heel. Rusev's act is perfect because people love that it's a throwback, but they also know they're supposed to boo him. There's very little cool heel reaction.

How is he the face?

He didn't beat Cena clean and tried to avoid a rematch. And while its great he loves his country there really isn't a reason for him to go out of his way to shit on another one.

Like how Cena wins last man standing matches by duct taping people? 

Also, choking someone to death until the guy's girlfriend caves to your demands is a lot heelier than "nah I already beat you."

And a little truth and Putin pictures never hurt anybody. Compared to the shit Cena pulls on a weekly basis, Rusev is a MEGAFACE. 

LOOK AT THIS HERO!

https://youtu.be/42Ugee3gxmg

How is he the face?

Like how Cena wins last man standing matches by duct taping people? 

Also, choking someone to death until the guy's girlfriend caves to your demands is a lot heelier than "nah I already beat you."

And a little truth and Putin pictures never hurt anybody. Compared to the shit Cena pulls on a weekly basis, Rusev is a MEGAFACE. 

LOOK AT THIS HERO!

https://youtu.be/42Ugee3gxmg

Its a last man standing match. That is strategy and generally allowed. I'm not entirely sure how choosing to do duct tape someone down instead of nearly murdering them makes Cena a bad guy.

I could see the argument about choking Rusev out, but its not like Rusev hasn't done various sneak attacks, cheap shots, and used the Accolade on defenseless opponents before himself.