DVDVR Message Board

Wrestlemania XXXI

Matt D

My Mania Card Predictions:

Daniel Bryan v Brock Lesnar for the WWE World Title - Bryan wins the Rumble to set up this match

Randy Orton v Seth Rollins - Rollins cashes in at the Rumble, but Randy interferes when he's about to win costing him the match/title

Roman Reigns v Rusev for the US Title - Reigns is the first to pin Rusev after a year

HHH v Sting - Not the match I'd personally book for Sting, but it's the one we're getting

Undertaker v Bray Wyatt - Again, not the match I'd book here, but seems to be going that way

Sheamus v John Cena - Sheamus returns as yet another Authority backed heel to take out Cena

A multi-Diva cluster match for the Diva's Title - Paige leaves as Divas Champion

The Ascension v The Usos v Gold/Stardust v New Day for the Tag Titles

Andre the Giant Battle Royal - Dean Ambrose or Dolph Ziggler wins the Battle Royal

The Miz v Damien Sandow - Pre-Show match

Sami Zayn v Kevin Owens for the NXT Title - Pre-Show Match

I had this thought at work the other day. Brock pins Cena at the Rumble, Rollins curb stomps Lesnar and attempts to cash in. Randy Orton returns and costs him. Would it be out of the realm of possibility/bad booking for Rollins to whine so much to The Authority that they reissue another MITB Briefcase to him? Then he cashes in on Bryan right after he beats Brock. You could have angles leading up to it where Rollins asks HHH if he's made a decision about what they had talked about in private and in one of the first few segments at Mania (right before Rollins vs Orton) HHH approaches Rollins and says,"Good luck, and what we talked about is in my office". Then build to Summerslam where Bryan regains the title.

I have faith in Brock to deliver vs. anyone at this point.

Not that I wouldn't rather see other matchups, but this isn't young/disgruntled Brock vs. Goldberg.

It'll be "Brock on his way out vs a guy who can't carry his bags". If Brock feels like it, I'm sure he can pull off something good. Whether he feels like it or not, I guess we'll see.

Well, my point was more that Brock is a complete pro now. He's not gonna be pissy and "if I feel like it". He's gonna do business.

I don't really think there's any data to support this theory. Brock has been making huge money for awhile now, so he hasn't had any reason to piss Vince off, and plenty of reasons not to. Assuming he's done at Mania, who knows how many fucks he's gonna give, and what he'll do?

You could be right. I'm just saying there's nothing post-Goldberg match to base your premise on, so we're not going to know until it happens.

I am intrigued by the idea of heel Reigns vs face Lesnar.

I just watched a FCW clip when Reigns was Leakee.  I don't know anything about that run for him,  but if they allow him to be that kind of heel--smug, well-dressed, just cocky as all out--it would work.

I've said it before but he should be like late 90s Nash and just be the smug cocky heel of few words.  If Lesnar wasn't still around and they were able to put Rollins with Heyman, putting Rollins and Reigns in a program that ended in a double turn would work well for both of them.  Rollins could work well as a heel or face and cocky heel Reigns would work better if he had Heyman as a mouthpiece.

Face Brock v Heel Reigns is the only way to spin this in to something interesting where the Main Event isn't completely crapped on and their biggest show of the year isn't ended with 80,000 people booing the next "golden boy" who just overcame the monster and won the WWE Title. And if it is Brock's last match before heading back to UFC, I'd have Brock actually pull out the win to the shock of everybody, but then Rollins (after losing earlier in the night to Daniel Bryan) cashes in and takes the belt to end the show. Nobody has ever cashed in at Mania, and I think that would pop the crowd, ending with a the surprise title change.

That then sets up the summer with Rollins as champ running from Bryan, who proved he can beat Rollins earlier in the night, as well as Reigns also in there wanting his rematch.

Rollins cashing in is the only way they can save the main event now. The whole "yeah, but heels don't win to end Wrestlemania, because they want people to go home happy" thing isn't really applicable because 1) if he cashes in on Reigns, he'll get a massive face reaction, and 2) MITB cash-ins always get a big face reaction, regardless of who's cashing in.

The people would be happy. And that's probably the only way they're going to leave happy, since they aren't going to add Bryan in again.