DVDVR Message Board

Wrestlemania XXXI

Matt D

WELL, now I want Sting to death drop Cena after he beats Lesnar (letting Rollins cash in), then Sting gets to disrupt the "Welcome to the Authority" party the next night like it was 1997 and finally he explains himself that Cena was not worthy of his hero babyface mantle since he let the Authority back after his intervention. Then they can wrestle at Mania and THAT is the biggest match they can put on. Sting vs Cena.

There are really only two things I want to see:

Sting vs. a main eventer in an eight-minute glorified squash where Sting hits all his spots twice apiece. 

Bryan vs. Lesnar with Bryan winning the gold. 

The rest of the upper-midcard on down is so uninteresting to me at this point that I don't really care what happens. To paraphrase Jay-Z, everyone else is like a treadmill just running in place, getting nowhere fast after a whole year done passed. 

You have to go Bryan/Whoever is champ now. I would hate to see Reigns hung out to dry by WWE forcing him into the main event this year when the majority of fans are going to want to see Daniel Bryan's redemption.

Let him be the one to finally take down Rusev. Build toward his title win vs. Rollins at Summerslam.

• Like 1

If they want Reigns to get over in a big way, they need to make him endearing to the fans. If they keep shoving him down our throats, it isn't going to work. If the Authority starts antagonizing him saying that they thought he could be the face of the WWE, but he just isn't good enough and then Reigns is written to go out and prove he is good enough. That's probably not going to happen, though.

As for WM XXXI, some things I want or think may happen is:

Ambrose vs Rollins vs Reigns for the WWE title

Daniel Bryan vs Brock Lesnar (Lesnar is on his way out and vs anyone else the match would get shit on, except unless he takes on Bryan)

Sting vs Undertaker

Cena vs anyone. Probably doesn't really matter who he faces.

Ziggler vs Rusev to unify the IC and US titles

Usos vs Ascension for the tag titles

Honestly, I think this year is the only chance to do a heel Cena vs a face DB. Too bad that ending on Raw wasn't the start of the heel turn. I fucking hate when people talk of Cena turning but that was the first big chance to turn him in a long ass time.

Barrett vs Reigns plz. But not a showcase for Reigns. Just let them have at it plz

This would potentially be my guess for the card right now.

Wrestlemania Host - "Stone Cold" Steve Austin

Assuming they're still together by Wrestlemania, I feel Miz should take a Scott Hall style flying back bump after eating a Stunner so we get the visual of Mizdow mimicking it.

A Wrestlemania moment for the ages.

• Like 1

Brock has Cena beat, but the lights go out and Taker returns and tombstones Brock, giving Cena the win.

Taker v. Brock at WM career v. career.

Cena v. Rollins v. Reigns v. Ambrose 4-way dance, Cena triple powerbombed in the first 5 minutes and eliminated first.

Honestly, I think this year is the only chance to do a heel Cena vs a face DB. Too bad that ending on Raw wasn't the start of the heel turn. I fucking hate when people talk of Cena turning but that was the first big chance to turn him in a long ass time.

Barrett vs Reigns plz. But not a showcase for Reigns. Just let them have at it plz

If I can put my fantasy booking underwear on for a second:

If they really want to get Reigns over as a babyface, they have him go over John Cena. At WrestleMania or Summerslam, doesn't even have to be for the title (but if it's Summerslam, it could be for the title). He would have the entire crowd behind him in that match, where I'm not sure he would against say, Brock.

That also sets up the Cena heel turn. Someone else has finally stepped up to be "the guy", and Cena finally snaps.

They could do this at 'Mania THIS YEAR without disturbing a potential Bryan/Lesnar title match. Maybe Cena/Reigns double eliminate each other at the Royal Rumble. Or Reigns eliminates Cena, and Cena "accidently" helps get Reigns eliminated (shades of Sid/Hogan).

The Authority coming back is a way to set up HHH vs. Sting.

Bryan vs. Brock is awesome.

So is Undertaker vs. Bray.

I love the idea of The Shield triple threat. That would be so much fun. Any of those guys can win and it will be fine. I'd have Reigns win because Rollins will cash in on Bryan, leading to Reigns vs. Rollins for the belt. Dean doesn't need to be in a title chase, since he's so great at playing the chaotic brawler type ala Piper.

Cena vs. Rusev is a great spot of Cena. He obviously has to be on the card and has to have a starring role and win the match. Last year, he had a match with Bray -- it was a really big feud but set up outside the title picture. I know OMG CENA BURIEZ FAILED TO CREATE A NEW STAR but whatever. The dominant Russian failing to defeat the Ultimate American Hero is exactly how I'd write it. Cena's victory isn't for the smarks -- it's for the kids who buy his merch. That also sets up the next chapter for Rusev -- what do he and Lana need to do to get to that very next level? That match would also be terrific. Rusev's dynamite and Cena's obviously one of the best ever, too.

What do you do with Ziggler? Ziggler vs. Barrett would be a great match. Maybe some sort of gimmick match to change things up?

Miz vs. Mizdow in the pre-show match would be a blast.

I'm guessing they have some sort of tag team scramble, too.

If they have another battle royale, I think Harper should win.

• Like 1

I don't like the idea of Rusev jobbing at Mania when we know either Reigns or Bryan is winning the belt. There will be no heels with any cred at all once Rusev losses. He needs that win over Cena at Mania to be a serious threat to the title.

I'd be down for a Shield triple threat because that's the only way Rollins and Ambrose won't be in mid card limbo at Mania.

Something along the lines of this would be fun. I can't see them going with Ziggler against HHH, but that would be a great match for him over another mid-card IC title defence.

WWE World Heavyweight Championship

Brock Lesnar © w/ Paul Heyman vs Daniel Bryan

Rusev vs John Cena

Sting vs Bray Wyatt

Dolph Ziggler vs Triple H w/ Stephanie McMahon

Dean Ambrose vs Roman Reigns vs Seth Rollins

WWE Divas Championship

Nikki Bella © w/ Brie Bella vs Paige

Andre The Giant Memorial Battle Royal

Randy Orton vs Luke Harper

Bad News Barrett vs Sheamus (heel)

Bryan vs. Cena ©

Rollins vs. Lesnar - Lesnar face turn after Rollins botched cash in attempt costs him title. Lesnar's leaving but before he goes, he's taking Rollins with him. Heaps of run-ins ensue. Lights go out and Taker makes the save for Lesnar in a show of respect for besting him the year before.

Sting vs. HHH

Reigns vs. Rusev

Bella vs. Bella

Andre the Giant Memorial

Big Show/Kane/Bray/Harper vs. Orton/Ryback/Ziggler/Ambrose

Usos vs. Mizdow vs. Ascension vs. Stardust/Rhodes

After watching Raw, there's no way they can do anything but Bryan/Lesnar. Who cares if it's two years in a row for Bryan? He's the most over guy in the company. They've done two WM ME wins in a row for Hogan, Austin, and Cena. I know he had bad luck with injuries last year, but Bryan's the only one who can carry that torch, so give it to him again. Besides, this year they can do it right from the beginning with a Rumble win, and the story writes itself. Guy with neck injury known for overcoming odds vs. guy known for hurting people and ending careers, plus the redemption angle. The match itself would be a blend of Lesnar/Eddie and Bryan/Morishima and even though the crowd will be smart to Lesnar leaving, they'll want Bryan to be the man, so the heat will still be like WM 30, not WM 20 (for Bryan and Brock respectively).

It's too god damn perfect to even consider anything else.

• Like 1

Think its more the risk they'd be taking that if he's not ready to work a full schedule, or gets hurt again. At least they had Lesnar waiting in the wings to take over. Without Lesnar, I'm not sure if the holding pattern holds up as well.

Its why I like the idea of him turning heel and essentially working a less demanding style. At least Austin was physically big enough to change into a brawling style.

Think its more the risk they'd be taking that if he's not ready to work a full schedule, or gets hurt again. At least they had Lesnar waiting in the wings to take over. Without Lesnar, I'm not sure if the holding pattern holds up as well.

Its why I like the idea of him turning heel and essentially working a less demanding style. At least Austin was physically big enough to change into a brawling style.

But if there's one thing we've learned in recent history it's that working a full schedule is not required of a WWE Champion. 

Bryan vs. Lesnar not only writes itself but it is the only option that the crowd is not going to shit on.

Lesnar vs. Reigns is "guy training for UFC" vs. "hand picked main eventer". That's a terrible idea. It would be worse than Lesnar/Goldberg. 

The Mania card is simple:

Brock Lesnar © vs. Daniel Bryan.

John Cena vs. Rusev

Dean Ambrose vs. Roman Reigns vs. Seth Rollins

Sting vs. Triple H

Following WrestleMania you have Rollins cash in on Daniel Bryan and Bryan can chase him through the Summer. It's so fucking simple that I would be shocked if WWE doesn't fuck it up.

• Like 1

It just donned on my that "J & J" stood for Jamie and Joey. haha

But when is the last time Rey did any like fancy lucha stuff? He does that 619 spot and the things were he falls in a seated position and a frog splash sometimes. Why would anyone be interested in putting him with in a luchador spot? idk