DVDVR Message Board

2015 NFL OFFSEASON THREAD

RIPPA

Guest Stefanie Without Stefanie

Chris Cooley expressed that he was thinking about trying to get back into the NFL and Schefter just tweeted that the Cards have interest in signing him

Wouldn't he need to dislodge himself from Dan Snyder's sphincter first?

Just goes to show you how far people will go to get away from Steve Czaban.     ;)

I like Czaban but can't stand that fucking guy Solly or whoever. He's their resident "look at me, I hate everything and try to be witty" guy who knows jackshit about sports.

The NFL has changed the Dez Bryant rule.  

It's no longer the "receiver must make a move common to the game", it's now the receiver "must remain upright long enough to demonstrate that he is clearly a runner" OR "must maintain control until after initial contact with the ground".

I look forward to 50 conversations over the next season with me explaining what it takes to 'clearly be a runner'.  (Which according to Mike Pereira, head of NFL Officials, makes Dez Bryant's play clearly incomplete.  Which, he is completely wrong about.)

• Like 1

Just goes to show you how far people will go to get away from Steve Czaban. ;)

I like Czaban but can't stand that fucking guy Solly or whoever. He's their resident "look at me, I hate everything and try to be witty" guy who knows jackshit about sports.

So he's Bryan Alvarez, basically?

The NFL has changed the Dez Bryant rule.

It's no longer the "receiver must make a move common to the game", it's now the receiver "must remain upright long enough to demonstrate that he is clearly a runner" OR "must maintain control until after initial contact with the ground".

I look forward to 50 conversations over the next season with me explaining what it takes to 'clearly be a runner'. (Which according to Mike Pereira, head of NFL Officials, makes Dez Bryant's play clearly incomplete. Which, he is completely wrong about.)

I agree with Pereira. I didn't think it was a completion under the old rules and I don't think it's a completion under the new rules. To "clearly be a runner", you gotta have your legs under you at some point. Stumbling to the ground and reaching out doesn't make you a runner.

Taking two steps forward seems like establishing yourself as a runner in my book.

catch%20gif.gif

He was falling not running. Put another way - could Dez have possibly remained on his feet? No? Not a runner.

Can they convert him to Safety? That's what the UW Badgers did with their, uh, secondary QB who only ever ran the ball and couldn't pass for shit last I checked.