DVDVR Message Board

2015 NFL OFFSEASON THREAD

RIPPA

Tim Tebow is considering attending the veterans combine

If he shows up and Michael Sam is also there... I don't think the media would be able to handle it

I trusted that Chip Kelly knew what he was doing, but I'm not so sure. I don't care how genius you are, you can't replace DeSean Jackson, Lesean McCoy and now Jeremy Maclin with Riley Cooper, the dilapidated husk of Frank Gore and a big fat question mark and expect it to not be negative. I'm very curious to see how/if this all works out.

I'm becoming convinced that this is Chip playing the long game and setting up a system that'll be awesome in two to three years.

Sadly for Chip, Philly ain't going to give him that long.

• Like 1

I trusted that Chip Kelly knew what he was doing, but I'm not so sure. I don't care how genius you are, you can't replace DeSean Jackson, Lesean McCoy and now Jeremy Maclin with Riley Cooper, the dilapidated husk of Frank Gore and a big fat question mark and expect it to not be negative. I'm very curious to see how/if this all works out.

Yeah I don't know. It goes against every instinct when it comes to putting a football team together. At least they are being aggressive with going after players in the secondary. This team demands more from the defense due to the pace of the offense. It just doesn't seem like playing towards your strengths as a coach. Belichick gets away with going system first but that is easier when you have Tom Brady.

Age-vs-Production-Running-Backs-Receiver

If he shows up and Michael Sam is also there... I don't think the media would be able to handle it

When is this happening?  I may have to take a day from work so I can follow the action with no interruptions.  Come on, Timothy and Michael--don't let BLR down!

AAAAAAAAND the Raiders' consolation prize for losing the Suh Derby is Jared Odrick.  Unlike Phillip "Good Fucking Riddance, Can I Pack You A Sandwich?" Wheeler, I'm sorry to see him go but there was no way Miami could keep him with Suh's contract. 

• Like 1

When is this happening?  I may have to take a day from work so I can follow the action with no interruptions.  Come on, Timothy and Michael--don't let BLR down!

TO could also attend the Veterans combine.

I don't know why Vince Young is bothering; when you can't stick with the Bills, you know its over. . . .

Yes! And is Ochocinco eligible?  Oh, this is turning into the best soap opera ever!  *rubs hands excitedly*

Yes! And is Ochocinco eligible?  Oh, this is turning into the best soap opera ever!  *rubs hands excitedly*

Not to derail the fun but he was pretty bad playing for Montreal last year and basically like a 4th/5th receiver. But, hey, he had a lot of fun on twitter.

Still claims he eats MacDonald's every day because I guess his body and athletic skill just fell out of the fucking sky or something. He's full of shit, but bless him, he's a fun guy.

Some late night rumors that the 49ers have put Colin Kapernick on the trade block.

Jayson Braddock (some NFL writer) wrote

Jayson Braddock @JaysonBraddock  ·  35m 35 minutes ago
BREAKING NEWS: 49ers have put Colin Kaepernick on the trading block.  Taking offers.
ayson Braddock @JaysonBraddock  ·  8m 8 minutes ago
The Eagles are confirmed as one of the two teams in talks and an unnamed NFC team as the other. (Colin Kaepernick trade)

Then Vincent Frank (NFL Business writer for Forbes)
Vincent Frank @VincentFrankNFL  ·  32m 32 minutes ago
Can confirm through my connections, @JaysonBraddock 's report that Kaepernick is indeed on the trade block.

Finally Tim Kawakami chimed in
Tim Kawakami ‏@timkawakami  6m6 minutes ago
I don't know what the 49ers front office is specifically thinking about Kaepernick at this point. I am not confirming the report. But...
Tim Kawakami ‏@timkawakami  6m6 minutes ago
I do know 49ers management has some uncertainty about Kaepernick, and Trent Baalke LOVES draft picks. Let's see what happens.
Tim Kawakami ‏@timkawakami  2m2 minutes ago
I theorized that Baalke might do it if he could get two No. 1s for Kaepernick. Hell, he might trade family members for two No. 1s.
Tim Kawakami ‏@timkawakami  2m2 minutes ago
Interesting Eagles-49ers negotiating detail: Tom Gamble was in the Eagles front office until recently, now is back with the 49ers.

In the immortal words of John Madden: "Now that just doesn't make a lick of sense!"

Tim Kawakami ‏@timkawakami  27m27 minutes ago
I won't truly believe this rumor until Jed York steps forward and says it's not true.

Some more FA signings:

Devin McCourty is back with New England.  5 yrs, $47.5 million w/ $28.5 million guaranteed

Brian Hoyer is signing with Houston for a 3 yr contract

Ted Ginn Jr. (and his family) is going back to Carolina

Hoyer and Mallett to Houston. I guess the theory will be a battle of Brady backups will make one of them as good as Brady?

Jets are rumored to be going after Fitzpatrick.

Texans also re-signed Kareem Jackson and Derek Newton to not-break-the-bank contracts. Jackson signed in Houston for less money than what the Saints offered reportedly.

This is a weird offseason for the Texans. I'm not used to guys really wanting to be here.