DVDVR Message Board

2015 NFL OFFSEASON THREAD

RIPPA

The talk in Philly after this trade is that it opens up room to make a big offer to Suh. I feel like if they sign Suh and stand pat in the draft, they could end up with a good and flexible roster moving forward. Like, they could draft Trae Waynes and have a building block at every defensive level and then also probably draft someone like Abdullah as a back in the second or third round.

I would be a little pissed if I was McCoy.   The Eagles are (well were maybe) are a playoff contending team and the Bills still have a year or so to go.   While they are improving their receiving corps then still have no clue at QB.   Can't remember if the Bills O Line but the Eagles line was pretty good.

Ted Thompson you better not let Cobb leave us for the fucking Raiders.

If he has to go anywhere, the Raiders aren't a bad choice, at least he won't hurt them more than once every four years. Preferrably he'll stay, but I own Davante Adams in a dynasty league and wouldn't mind his looks shooting way up next year.

My fear is Jordy and Cobb is scary with Adams in the slot. Jordy and Adams with Boykin is a huge dropoff unless we have some amazing plan to draft a top WR.

As for the McCoy trade when I saw it on the bottom line on ESPN I was like WHAT THE FUCK!! It would be funny if the Eagles make a run at Murray to fuck with the Cowboys.

Alex Marvez says the full deal is

Bills Acquire

Matt Cassel

Vikings 2015 6th Round Pick

Vikings Acquire

Buccaneers 2015 5th Round Pick (Bills had via a previous trade)

Bills 2016 7th Round Pick

So I guess the plan is "cross our fingers and hope that Teddy Bridgewater doesn't get hurt."

Cassel was making a pretty lofty salary for a backup, but with Bridgewater still on his rookie deal, it wasn't really exorbitant or anything. But really, there's not a hell of a lot out there in free agency.

I haven't heard that one.

The one I'm constantly is them giving a ton of picks to the Skins.

The Bucs one sounds like hogwash since almost all "insiders" both local and national are saying the worst kept secret is that TB is taking Winston

Has Kuestar been talked off the ledge yet?

You know. . . . .EJ is not the QB of the future. It has to be somebody. Wouldn't have minded Hoyer either. Not super excited about it, but not on a ledge either.  Then again that defense could be insane. . . .

Has anyone heard this rumor?

Eagles get: #1 pick AND Mike Evans.

Bucs get: Foles, Eagles 1-3 rounds this and next yr. And 1-2 in 2017

That was a rumor started by a fan on the radio. I have zero doubt that the Eagles would pay out the ass to get Mariota. Why would the Bucs include Evans though? Number 7 pick last year over 1000 yards and 12 touchdowns. Makes no sense at all. They have all the leverage. I do think a trade will happen with someone. Once Ryans is cut the team will have 55 million in cap space. A lot of room to address the defensive needs which are mostly in the secondary. The question is will they sign Maclin? I am not so sure. They did invest a 2nd and 3rd round pick last year on the position.

Rippa mentioned the Skins that is by far the worst case scenario. Trading a bunch of picks and Foles to the Skins. Foles regressed a lot last year. Was imagining pressure that wasn't there and his footwork was a complete mess. Was leading the league in turnovers at one point. That said there is still some potential there. Hard to believe that 27-2 was a total fluke. A repeat of Sonny Jurgensen is the last thing I want to see.

People seem to forget the Bills were 9-7 last year with no QB and no OL, they were on the cusp of the wildcard and the NFL may add one more next year.  McCoy is an upgrade at RB (goes without saying) and the Bills had a top ranked defense last year without Kiko.  My concern is more that I hope that money going to McCoy wasn't Hughes money or 'upgrade the OL' money.  Hughes is going to be expensive but I don't want to see any of the cogs from last year's defense gone.  And a new OL is a must, a lot of the issues with QB start there, Manuel plays average when he has protection and when the defense is great and the RB is great, all you need is an average QB.  If the Bills can still squeeze an upgrade on the OL (which wouldn't be hard) and sign Hughes I don't really see any downside.

What I am hearing is McCoy isn't mad about going to Buffalo, he is just mad period.  He didn't want to leave the Eagles.  Luckily Rex is a 'player's coach' so until he doesn't show up to training camp I will assume that things will smooth over once the shock wears away.  No real opinion on the Cassel trade because who cares.

• Like 1

So Larry Donnell was on the plane that skidded off the runway at LaGuardia

He tweeted a picture and video with the caption "Look at this shit! Knew I shoulda stayed my ass at home"

Word is that it's not out of the question for him to return to the Pats but I wouldn't fault him if he took a big contract from another team, since the Pats would of course want him to sign for less money than he was going to make.

Me and (especially) my wife are big Wilfork fans so this news is very saddening. I hope he'll stay with the Pats but I know there are teams out there in need of a DT and with Suh looking like he's going off the market quickly Vince will be in demand. :(