DVDVR Message Board

2015 NFL OFFSEASON THREAD

RIPPA

Ted Thompson you better not let Cobb leave us for the fucking Raiders.

If he has to go anywhere, the Raiders aren't a bad choice, at least he won't hurt them more than once every four years. Preferrably he'll stay, but I own Davante Adams in a dynasty league and wouldn't mind his looks shooting way up next year.

I like the Bills trade.  I like Kiko but the defense was awesome last year without him, and the Bills have two other really good young LBs in Brown and Bradham.  McCoy is great and the Bills have the cap space so why not.  I think it is more risky for the Eagles, Kiko had half of a great season for a rookie but is undersized (he is really good at coverage but was a bit of a liability in the run game), and then missed a year due to injury.  

Not surprising. Kelly wants a running back that is just going to hit the hole. You could see this season last season McCoy improvising less on runs. Which isn't playing to McCoy's strength. With the line injuries last year he should have been improvising more not less. Bills traded us a Hall of Fame left tackle for a late first years ago so I hope this works out for them.

At least it shows the rumor of Foles, McCoy and 2015, 2016, and 2017 first rounders for the Bucs first overall pick in the draft wasn't accurate. Though I don't think that is over with either.

I have no problem with going cheap with running backs in 2015. Don't love it either but I like the approach the Cowboys are taking with Murray. It is a position you should control costs at now. Line and wide outs are the most important part of an offense now. Even quarterbacks are slightly devalued by how open the passing game is now. You see teams losing their starter to injury and the backup doesn't perform all that much worse. The costs are so high that guys like Cutler and Dalton are making 17 million. They are taking so much cap room now that unless you have a Brady or Rodgers type talent you might be better off going young and cheap. Not if you have to trade multiple first rounders though to get the college quarterback you coached for 1 season.

If they pull that trade off to get Mariota one thing will be clear. Kelly will either be a monumental bust in the NFL or a genius. Won't be much room left for a middle ground. He deserves credit up to this point for getting to the playoffs his first year with the low quality of the team inherited. Defense needs some major work and a lot of money has been cleared out. If he is wrong might take a while to climb out of the hole he creates. It will be interesting at least.

Daaaaamn. That's left field. Kuetsar, what say you?

FUCK NO, but I will talk myself into it. . . .Reading posts above, I think it will work out, but if they will spend that dough, why not try to bring Lynch home? Then again, what type of shape will Kiko be in coming back. . .Jesus talk about a shock.

The talk in Philly after this trade is that it opens up room to make a big offer to Suh. I feel like if they sign Suh and stand pat in the draft, they could end up with a good and flexible roster moving forward. Like, they could draft Trae Waynes and have a building block at every defensive level and then also probably draft someone like Abdullah as a back in the second or third round.

I would be a little pissed if I was McCoy.   The Eagles are (well were maybe) are a playoff contending team and the Bills still have a year or so to go.   While they are improving their receiving corps then still have no clue at QB.   Can't remember if the Bills O Line but the Eagles line was pretty good.

Ted Thompson you better not let Cobb leave us for the fucking Raiders.

If he has to go anywhere, the Raiders aren't a bad choice, at least he won't hurt them more than once every four years. Preferrably he'll stay, but I own Davante Adams in a dynasty league and wouldn't mind his looks shooting way up next year.

My fear is Jordy and Cobb is scary with Adams in the slot. Jordy and Adams with Boykin is a huge dropoff unless we have some amazing plan to draft a top WR.

As for the McCoy trade when I saw it on the bottom line on ESPN I was like WHAT THE FUCK!! It would be funny if the Eagles make a run at Murray to fuck with the Cowboys.