DVDVR Message Board

2015 NFL OFFSEASON THREAD

RIPPA

I am creating this now because I won't really be around this afternoon and I think guys will be fired before the 4 pm games are finished.

Heck - at this point the Niners would be better sending anyone not named Harbaugh out to coach the final game.

Plus I have a feeling I will have lots of humorous Skins news to laugh at.

Falcons have hired a consultant to find head coaching candidates "in the event" that they fire Mike Smith, which is kind of like hiring a divorce attorney "in the event" you want to get a divorce.

Coaches either rumored to be on the way out or on the hot seat:

Rex Ryan (Jets) - Reportedly cleaned out his desk already

Jim Harbaugh (Niners) - May or may not already have a deal in place with Michigan

Mike Smith (Falcons) - Might be saved by a win today, if only temporarily

Ron Rivera (Panthers) - See "Mike Smith"

Tony Sparano (Raiders) - It's the Raiders. . .who the hell knows what they're doing?

Marc Trestman (Bears) - Chicago may or may not have already made their decision

Tom Coughlin (Giants) - I doubt it, but you never know, I guess.

The Giants usual late season rally has put the ball firmly back in Couglin's court.

I don't think he decides to retire but it wouldn't totally shock me.

There were grumblings that Jerry Reese might be shown the door but the most recent draft class is really good and is producing (heck - Odell alone is enough to get him another year) and the Maras like the work he is doing.

So with the Giants not really making any big changes on the administrative side, do they just go all in during free agency to try and be competitive?

There biggest offseason decision is what to do with JPP?

Of course - it isn't really a decision. They need to let him hit the bricks.

He thinks he is worth like a billion dollars.

He is not

• Like 2

So with the Giants not really making any big changes on the administrative side, do they just go all in during free agency to try and be competitive?

There biggest offseason decision is what to do with JPP?

Of course - it isn't really a decision. They need to let him hit the bricks.

He thinks he is worth like a billion dollars.

He is not

I'm sure the Raiders will be happy to overpay him

Speaking of the Raiders

Jay Glazer is saying that Harbaugh and the Niners are definitely done and it appears that Jim's choice is between Michigan and the Raiders

And if the Raiders don't get Harbaugh then the growing support is to retain Tony Soparano

Why haven't the Jets tried to reach out to Harbaugh? It'd probably be in vain but you know, gotta try something.

And how good can Harbaugh possibly be at Michigan next year? He still has Brady Hoke's recruits.

In his first year at Stanford, he took a 40+ point underdog to LA and beat a Top 5 USC team.